[GAME] Kicking Walls

Jere Majava

Dec 18, 2017, 8:18:46 AM12/18/17
to PuzzleScript
Kicking walls is a small Sokoban variant with just a few levels I stumbled upon when experimenting with an idea of thin walls.

Alan Hazelden

Dec 18, 2017, 8:34:25 AM12/18/17
to Jere Majava, PuzzleScript
Works well enough. Is it intentional that there's one fewer target than crate in the final level?

On 19 December 2017 at 00:18, Jere Majava <jere....@gmail.com> wrote:
Kicking walls is a small Sokoban variant with just a few levels I stumbled upon when experimenting with an idea of thin walls.

Jere Majava

Dec 18, 2017, 8:57:04 AM12/18/17
to PuzzleScript
Yes, it's just supposed to be on the way I guess. Made the few levels a bit hastily since i had to finish it for the next day's advent calendar for my boys. If they finish the version I send them they get a Steam key.

On Monday, December 18, 2017 at 3:34:25 PM UTC+2, Alan Hazelden wrote:
Works well enough. Is it intentional that there's one fewer target than crate in the final level?
On 19 December 2017 at 00:18, Jere Majava <jere....@gmail.com> wrote:
Kicking walls is a small Sokoban variant with just a few levels I stumbled upon when experimenting with an idea of thin walls.

Stephen Lavelle

Dec 19, 2017, 11:12:06 AM12/19/17
to Jere Majava, PuzzleScript
levels were a bit messy (I guess that's not uninkeeping with the theme of organising boxes), but I kind of liked it - it had a unique feel and the wall pushing surprised me at several times.

James ah ha

Dec 19, 2017, 12:18:01 PM12/19/17
to PuzzleScript
Nice idea, with neat implementation.  I feel it has some further opportunities - what about crates bumping crates, springs (to bounce back, or sideways), could have narrow doorways (ie not wide enough for creates)

Hand-E-Food

Dec 19, 2017, 5:31:10 PM12/19/17
to PuzzleScript
I like that!  That's a good twist on the idea.

Connorses

Dec 27, 2017, 11:02:35 AM12/27/17
to PuzzleScript
It was a Christmas game the whole time what a twist!!

I liked it its a good box pusher.

ncr...@gmail.com

Dec 28, 2017, 7:16:17 PM12/28/17
to PuzzleScript
First thought was that it reminded me of Newton's Crates ( https://www.puzzlescript.net/play.html?p=9cf57ca82a0181de97e4e225bc9bf4ca ), but I played a little further and realized it's different in that you can't push two crates at once.

thel...@gmail.com

Jan 7, 2018, 6:58:42 AM1/7/18
to PuzzleScript
Den måndag 18 december 2017 kl. 14:18:46 UTC+1 skrev Jere Majava:
> Kicking walls is a small Sokoban variant with just a few levels I stumbled upon when experimenting with an idea of thin walls.

Fun Sokoban twist. I thought the 4 level was the most intersting. First part I got to actaully think and reason.