God awful auto-playing shite music

Aaron Steed

Nov 7, 2014, 9:48:14 AM11/7/14
to puzzle...@googlegroups.com
I can't put up with this anymore.

It's a simple fact of life that not everyone has the same taste in music. What's acceptable for you can be the worst thing in the universe to someone else. And playing that over something that is supposed to entertain is a crime. Recently I wanted to play:

But he's added a shit soundtrack to it now. So I can't listen to anything at all whilst this is open in a tab. I have to sit in fucking silence.

Oh, it's not that much of a problem!

Fuck you it is. Honestly, I will play S Club 7 at 120 decibels in your fucking ear if you try to argue otherwise. Music can cause just as much pain as pleasure, and to force it upon someone is a despicable terrorism.

-

So, since Stephen will never be arsed to give an option to un-ruin Puzzlescript games with shit music in, my question is this:

What can I type into the javascript console to turn it off? Surely the player has a variable - from there I can call mute() on it.

Thanks in advance.

I'd apologise for the profanity, but really, if I forced enough music you hated upon you, you'd speak the same language.
Message has been deleted

CHz

Nov 11, 2014, 1:44:47 AM11/11/14
to puzzle...@googlegroups.com
ifrm.parentNode.removeChild(ifrm)

Running that in the JS console will destroy the YouTube embed, which is probably the only real way to stop the music with the way the code currently is.

However, because of browser security restrictions, that will only work if you're directly viewing the game's page and not if the game is embedded in another page through an iframe... just like itch.io does. I don't think this can be worked around in code, but what you can do if you're using a browser that's not Chrome is right/control-click on the game, open the frame in a new window, and run the console command there. Chrome removed that feature years ago, but there's an extension to re-add it.

RADIOSOAP

Apr 30, 2017, 12:32:58 PM4/30/17
to PuzzleScript
im fine with the profanity , but why do you blame me? its alright if you want to kill me with 120 decibels of hatred...

Christopher Wells

May 3, 2017, 3:56:01 AM5/3/17
to PuzzleScript
Does your browser not have a way to mute individual tabs? In both Firefox and Chrome, you can click on the audio symbol at the top of a tab to mute it.

And there's no call for profanity. Nobody is going to accept constructive criticism if it's written this angrily.

That Scar

May 3, 2017, 7:57:10 AM5/3/17
to PuzzleScript
I don't think you could mute a tab's audio in late 2014.

thordur

Aug 21, 2017, 7:02:42 PM8/21/17
to PuzzleScript
I made a little tool that adds a link to an exported puzzlescript html file that you can use here: https://thorduragust.github.io/puzzlescriptMuteLink/
This means you have to host the game somewhere like github, itch.io or gamejolt though :)

thordur

Aug 22, 2017, 6:10:17 AM8/22/17
to PuzzleScript
Whoops I forgot to say that the link acts as a button that allows you to mute the music in your puzzlescript game