[GAME] Dash 2

Jere Majava

Jan 17, 2017, 5:57:54 AM1/17/17
to PuzzleScript

Dash 2: A rewrite  of my original Boulder Dash demake, with better realtime, timer and a gem counter, bombs and new graphics.

Not that many levels, but I intend to have my kids make more. In case you want to make levels, I tried to make it easy create them using level editor, even though there are quite a lot of marker objects (for proper realtime, gravity, rolling). See existing levels for example of how to do the gem counter and the timer.

Alan Hazelden

Jan 17, 2017, 9:24:42 AM1/17/17
to Jere Majava, PuzzleScript
Pretty impressive! (As ever for you)

Probably should have noundo? It feels cheaty to be able to do that

On 17 January 2017 at 10:57, Jere Majava <jere....@gmail.com> wrote:

Dash 2: A rewrite  of my original Boulder Dash demake, with better realtime, timer and a gem counter, bombs and new graphics.

Not that many levels, but I intend to have my kids make more. In case you want to make levels, I tried to make it easy create them using level editor, even though there are quite a lot of marker objects (for proper realtime, gravity, rolling). See existing levels for example of how to do the gem counter and the timer.

That Scar

Jan 17, 2017, 1:45:02 PM1/17/17
to PuzzleScript, jere....@gmail.com
Feels pretty impossible not being able to do that.

Hand-E-Food

Jan 17, 2017, 5:47:34 PM1/17/17
to PuzzleScript
Wow!  Awesome reproduction!  I love the attention to detail.

Have you played Emerald Mine, the Amiga's spiritual successor to Boulder Dash?

I can't remember whether bombs were ever in Boulder Dash, but they're definitely in Emerald Mine.

Jere Majava

Feb 2, 2017, 7:11:03 AM2/2/17
to PuzzleScript
I had apparently forgotten to press send since my last repy wasn't here.

Thanks for the feedback! Removed undo and slowed the realtime just a little.

And yes, though I never played Emerald Mines nearly as much as the orgiginal Boulder Dash(es), the bombs are copied from EM. I like explosions!