XL-Up Maze

zaraw...@gmail.com

Feb 19, 2018, 6:00:48 PM2/19/18
to PuzzleScript
Remaking a maze from clickmazes.com that is not quite available anymore because it was written in java

here's the original

http://www.clickmazes.com/xvi/ixxvi.htm

here's the remake

https://www.puzzlescript.net/play.html?p=10738349b5a06c8dd54f1ffa39f21a58

zaraw...@gmail.com

Feb 19, 2018, 6:01:51 PM2/19/18
to PuzzleScript

There's no ending btw you just see how far up the numbers you can get.

if you want, press X to get Ben Small's challenge that allows for going even further.

Hand-E-Food

Feb 19, 2018, 7:19:50 PM2/19/18
to PuzzleScript
I like it!  Is there are proven limit as to how far you can go?

zaraw...@gmail.com

Feb 20, 2018, 4:57:22 AM2/20/18
to PuzzleScript
On Tuesday, February 20, 2018 at 12:19:50 AM UTC, Hand-E-Food wrote:
> I like it!  Is there are proven limit as to how far you can go?

I assume the original designers have proven whatever limit it is, but they haven't made it public

Hand-E-Food

Feb 20, 2018, 5:31:06 AM2/20/18
to PuzzleScript
Just for fun I built a solver.  You can score 51 (LI) on the first map and 55 (LV) on the second.

I've worked out the first one by hand.  Now for the second one. :-)

zaraw...@gmail.com

Feb 20, 2018, 6:57:41 AM2/20/18
to PuzzleScript
On Tuesday, February 20, 2018 at 10:31:06 AM UTC, Hand-E-Food wrote:
> Just for fun I built a solver.  You can score 51 (LI) on the first map and 55 (LV) on the second.
>

> I've worked out the first one by hand.  Now for the second one. :-)

hmm. what if you use IL for 49 instead of XLIX? I was in doubt as to which one is expected in this game cause I never reached 49.

Hand-E-Food

Feb 20, 2018, 8:10:17 AM2/20/18
to PuzzleScript
If you count like that, you get stuck after 45 (VL) on both maps.