Electric Slide [sketch]

Tobin Mollett

Nov 14, 2013, 11:08:21 PM11/14/13
to puzzle...@googlegroups.com
Alternate titles are Connectoban, or Sokoban AC.

http://www.puzzlescript.net/play.html?p=7478789

I'm presenting this as a sketch because although it's a nice mechanic and I'm proud of the code, I'm having a devil of a time designing levels. If anybody has suggestions or just wants to try their hand at making a level, I'd very much appreciate it. Also, it's basically Pipes and Sokoban spliced together, so if this has been done before, let me know.

CHz

Nov 15, 2013, 2:59:27 AM11/15/13
to puzzle...@googlegroups.com
That was trickier than I was expecting. Well done.

I'm curious: on the last level, is stashing blocks on open gates an intended mechanic, or did I stumble on an alternate solution?

Kalev Tait

Nov 15, 2013, 7:55:27 AM11/15/13
to puzzle...@googlegroups.com
I don't know what you are worried about, those levels are incredibly excellent!

Stephen Lavelle

Nov 15, 2013, 8:42:27 AM11/15/13
to Kalev Tait, puzzle...@googlegroups.com
oh, nice - this is pretty good :)

Tobin Mollett

Nov 15, 2013, 8:43:58 AM11/15/13
to puzzle...@googlegroups.com
On Friday, November 15, 2013 2:59:27 AM UTC-5, CHz wrote:
That was trickier than I was expecting. Well done.

I'm curious: on the last level, is stashing blocks on open gates an intended mechanic, or did I stumble on an alternate solution?

Yeah, that's intended. I'm not sure I like it, but it beats just destroying blocks in the same situation. It means that level 2 actually has two solutions!
Message has been deleted

Tobin Mollett

Nov 15, 2013, 9:28:05 AM11/15/13
to puzzle...@googlegroups.com
On Friday, November 15, 2013 7:55:27 AM UTC-5, Kalev Tait wrote:
I don't know what you are worried about, those levels are incredibly excellent!

Oh, thanks. I guess I'm just finding them harder to design than I was expecting. The problem may be laziness.
Message has been deleted

Connorses

Nov 29, 2015, 5:51:13 PM11/29/15
to PuzzleScript
Been looking through the archives again, I found this and beat it today. It's got some good tricky puzzles, that last one makes you do some interesting things with the door.