[Games] Some small games

Jack Lance

May 4, 2018, 9:28:50 PM5/4/18
to PuzzleScript

Blake Regehr

May 5, 2018, 12:02:45 AM5/5/18
to PuzzleScript
These are some of the most polished puzzlescript games I have ever seen. CC is an amazing idea, and EE reminded me of Baba is You a little bit.
I cannot believe you spent the time and effort to make a dialogue box in Fish Friend. I seriously have no idea. It's awesome.
I hope you make more.

Stephen Lavelle

May 5, 2018, 4:10:05 AM5/5/18
to Blake Regehr, PuzzleScript
aa - i like the setting. got stuck on one of the conveyor belt puzzles.. hmm..

bb - a lot of fun, but push-resolution order makes it a bit tricky to think about?  I stopped at this level

cc was really cool! i got to 37 before my counting brain got burned out, but i liked the idea a bunch. really nice and original :)

ee, I'm stuck on the source-code level. (edit, completed it somehow, now stuck on the level with the offset title screen to the right)

ff - wish dialog text appeared quickly.  pretty fun puzzles

man these are all such big games. i'm a bit overwhelmed seeing them all at once -

great great work, though

Stephen Lavelle

May 5, 2018, 7:18:57 AM5/5/18
to Blake Regehr, PuzzleScript
(overall, my wish is that you posted these one a week rather than all at once -_-

dd - stuck on the room with one monster hiding behind a 2x2 wall

(just watching draknek playing ee now - he's very very amused)

( do you have a twitter account / did you tweet/post about these anywhere else. I'd like to share 'em around... )

Alan Hazelden

May 5, 2018, 7:34:55 AM5/5/18
to Stephen Lavelle, Blake Regehr, PuzzleScript
Is there an ending to AA? I got to "the plane was delayed four hours" but it didn't end after that...

BB is neat but I bounced off the level with the empty pit at the top and the ball on the second row.

CC is a really great idea! I got trapped on the 6 of 61 and that was a dick move but I appreciated it. The +5 things are neat but not very fun to think about.

DD: I got stuck on the second level after the message about using arrows.

EE: This game is *so good*. I am also stuck on the level Stephen mentions.

FF: The dialogue system is amazing! The gameplay is okay, I am probably a little burnt out from playing five other games beforehand so I'm stopping after the fish puns.

Stephen Lavelle

May 5, 2018, 9:39:50 AM5/5/18
to Alan Hazelden, Blake Regehr, PuzzleScript
ahahah i realized why we got stuck on EE.

spoilers: in puzzlescript title screens, if there isn't a save it says "start game", otherwise it says "new game"/"continue" - we had only compared it to a title screen of a game that already had a save game -_-

Stephen Lavelle

May 5, 2018, 9:50:46 AM5/5/18
to Alan Hazelden, Blake Regehr, PuzzleScript
(the exact ending condition for that last level in EE wasn't clear to me, though? it just ends a couple of steps after i go back to the left screen?)

Ove Ahlman

May 5, 2018, 1:44:32 PM5/5/18
to PuzzleScript
Dude, what the heck...

You cant have the title "six small games" and then put up this bunch. I expect like 6 games, all sokobans with 3 levels each. Not these games where at least CC, EE and FF are all blowing my mind on what you can do in puzzle script.

Awesome work with the games.

zaraw...@gmail.com

May 5, 2018, 6:41:27 PM5/5/18
to PuzzleScript

fucking incredible

Marcos D

May 5, 2018, 11:02:17 PM5/5/18
to PuzzleScript
You sir, are a genius.

Coin Counter is a delightful frame-blending.

Connorses

May 6, 2018, 12:08:46 PM5/6/18
to PuzzleScript
That twist ending of Dangerous Dungeon though

Pedro PSI

May 10, 2018, 4:05:55 AM5/10/18
to PuzzleScript
Coin Counter was a very nice challenge - reached the end :)
Easy Enigma was a great surprise and a cool meta-game. Only finished it after seeing Stephen's hint.

The others I haven't tried yet, but thank you for sharing!

igorsc...@gmail.com

May 10, 2018, 8:00:01 AM5/10/18
to PuzzleScript
FF is the best, great atmosphere and use of mechanics (reminds of ibb&obb a bit), still playing it! Liked CC too, but it's less motivating because no story (stuck at 37) :(

Ali Nikkhah

May 10, 2018, 3:27:50 PM5/10/18
to PuzzleScript
These are some absolutely amazing games. I really liked AA. I *loved* BB, had a lot of fun with the last three levels. I liked the idea of CC very much. Really enjoyed the rest of the games as well, I got stuck in the last level of EE and gave up (but then came back to it and finished it after the hint Stephen gave) and I'm now working my way through the last couple of levels in FF (though I was able to go through most of the game without quite understanding the mechanics).

Daniel Howard

May 17, 2018, 6:43:22 AM5/17/18
to PuzzleScript
Really enjoyed these , what fresh concepts and polished execution.

AA is fantastic, though got stuck on the conveyor belt part, couldn't seem to get enough people where i wanted them!
CC is a fascinating concept, visually very interesting. Play wise, i found that most solutions could be found through trial and error (to a certain degree) but that the process was still stimulating. It would be nice to extend it around the idea of different totals leading to different paths and alternative puzzles...

Working on the others!
Message has been deleted

Daniel Lopez

Apr 21, 2019, 3:16:26 PM4/21/19
to Connorses, PuzzleScript
These are wonderful. I've only completed CC, I have the rest still in my tabs from January. EE is my favourite so far.

On Sun, Apr 21, 2019 at 11:41 AM Connorses <onr...@gmail.com> wrote:
I never commented on these... I remember them being ingenious, though.  I don't mind reawakening this thread. Botsket Ball might be my favorite, I don't see a lot of PS game where you get to build things or sandbox your solution. Fish Friend is lovely.

Connorses

Apr 21, 2019, 6:14:58 PM4/21/19
to PuzzleScript
OMG At the end of EE... (spoilers) The hashtag characters pushed the crate. That's hilarious. Good freaking job.

BunnyMEISTRO

Jun 22, 2019, 12:50:31 PM6/22/19
to PuzzleScript

EE is just, ddlc combined with baba with me but if they were on crack, its so strange, is there anyway to pass the part where the x in press x to continue just keeps duplicating? just asking

edderiofer

Jun 25, 2019, 8:29:36 PM6/25/19
to PuzzleScript
Just keep pressing X. It'll eventually move on