Hungry Kraken

Stephen Lavelle

Dec 3, 2017, 8:31:57 AM12/3/17
to PuzzleScript

I made a small game called Hungry Kraken yesterday + today

Jamie Perconti

Dec 3, 2017, 11:13:01 AM12/3/17
to Stephen Lavelle, PuzzleScript
That was fun! Could use a checkpoint when you're down to the last, say, two things to nom.

Jamie
,

Hand-E-Food

Dec 3, 2017, 4:30:31 PM12/3/17
to PuzzleScript
That was cute.

I had a lot fo trouble getting started for some reason.  I think I was trying to push fish into the mouth and running out of tentacle, but I wasn't focussed on the short tentacle, only the long one.  This made me think I was doing something wrong and tried to find another goal.

I got the hang of it in the end and enjoyed it.  The plant down the bottom was a real challenge.  Thank you for infinite undo!

Matt Slaybaugh

Dec 4, 2017, 11:46:27 AM12/4/17
to PuzzleScript
Fun mechanic and very clever level design. In most of these puzzlescript games, each new challenge is presented in a new level, but here everything is in a single level, and it's up to the user to decide which challenge to tackle next. Also, having no level breaks means there is no interruption of the flow of discovery.

I could see more done with this mechanic and theme, too. Stinging jellyfish that restrict tentacle path, for example, or locked treasure chests that require keys to open.

Matt

Connorses

Dec 30, 2017, 12:21:46 AM12/30/17
to PuzzleScript
Cool game! I had to come back to it a couple times over 2 days before I got that last clam. Mussel. Whatever those are.

Jere Majava

Dec 30, 2017, 8:27:37 AM12/30/17
to PuzzleScript
Infuriatingly fun! Didin't get the last one the first time I tried.

Chyme

Apr 20, 2018, 4:16:11 AM4/20/18
to PuzzleScript
Aahhh, took me a while to figure out what to do but I really enjoyed how everything naturally expanded from there. Really liked this one. :)