[WIP] Sokoban Sequencer

Isaac Schankler

Jul 20, 2017, 6:51:07 PM7/20/17
to PuzzleScript
I decided to see if I could make a drum pattern sequencer in puzzlescript:

So far it's pretty basic, with kick, snare, and hihat tracks, but I'm having fun pushing the blocks around to make different patterns. I'm also noticing it has a tendency to glitch out after a minute or two (at least in Chrome on a Mac). Don't know if this is the fault of puzzlescript or the browser but I realize I'm trying to make the engine do something it was probably never intended to do.

Hope you enjoy it!

thordur

Jul 24, 2017, 5:52:54 PM7/24/17
to PuzzleScript
This is cool. don't know what it play like, but if you made puzzles out of this that would be pretty cool!

Hand-E-Food

Jul 24, 2017, 6:51:40 PM7/24/17
to PuzzleScript
A game could be to make a specific hidden sequence.  Have an invisible sequence written on the lines.  Whenever the scanner moves across a hidden spot that doesn't have a crate on it, a bad noise is played (like an untuned instrument.)  Once all the crates are in the correct spot and the song plays through at least once, the gate to the next level opens.

Hand-E-Food

Jul 24, 2017, 6:58:26 PM7/24/17
to PuzzleScript
Looking at the code, it sounds like that's similar to your idea too.