[Game] Okosban

Ove Ahlman

Jan 8, 2018, 3:41:48 PM1/8/18
to PuzzleScript
Hi,

So I started reading the puzzlescript turtorial and thought I should mix around make a game with a lot of cool features mechanics and rules, in order to learn the tool set. However when I changed the rules for pushing blocks slightly I found such a interesting mechanic that I wanted to make a game around that instead.

So here it is, my first puzzlescript game. Sokoban with a twist.

https://www.puzzlescript.net/play.html?p=3fc507f08c079b1da607c2d6dc7ee8a4

Ian Fights

Jan 8, 2018, 5:20:56 PM1/8/18
to PuzzleScript
That was really good!

Alan Hazelden

Jan 8, 2018, 7:47:01 PM1/8/18
to Ian Fights, PuzzleScript
There's some nice level design here!

I got to level 7 and stopped there - I think it's a bit too big for my liking and it would be more fun if it was smaller.

Hand-E-Food

Jan 10, 2018, 4:42:43 AM1/10/18
to PuzzleScript
I like it!  I'm stuck on 9 and 10.  I'm not sure how much mess I should make while solving them.

Level 7 is an odd one.  It is big, but I can kind of see why.  It's not a focus of positioning so much as priority.

Those last two are incredibly difficult, which is good, but I doubt I'll come back to them.
Message has been deleted

Ove Ahlman

Jan 10, 2018, 1:56:03 PM1/10/18
to PuzzleScript
Thank you all for the nice comments.

Regarding Level 7. It is not big just by principle, but rather by consequence. It isn't very hard but it kinda introduces a new mechanic. In general I like when most levels introduces something new to think about. And also level 7 is the only that big level. But I will keep in mind that large levels can feel intimidating/tedious.

Regarding the difficulty of Level 9 and 10. I agree that at least level 10 might be unfairly hard. So I have added another level which "introduce" the mechanic necessary to solve level 9 and 10 (not 10 and 11), to make it a bit more fair.

Skalmantas Šimėnas

Jan 12, 2018, 4:26:14 AM1/12/18
to PuzzleScript
As soon as I've figured out the rules of the game, I hacked it and put this rule in to make it so that I can press the arrow key into the crates because it's a lot more convenient that way:
[ No Solid | >  Player | Crate ] -> [ No Solid | <  Player | > Crate  ]
But I wouldn't advise to include this into the public version, it's not in spirit with the first few levels.
I am fine with the size of level 7 but I just didn't like the "new mechanic" it introduced at all. Levels 8, 9 and 10, on the other hand, definitely look overly complex.