A Rose for Icy Heart (finished, need advice)

dizzykei

Jun 4, 2016, 9:37:37 AM6/4/16
to PuzzleScript
My experiments with puzzlescript ended with a finished game. Well, mostly. I can't understand, why it doesn't show the final screen/level. So i ask you for help.

In the beginnning it was a simple love story with nameless protagonists, but in the end i decided to use characters from dizzy games. So now it's not original game, but a fangame. It consist of 10 levels and ending screen (that doesn't show up). English isn't my native language, so beware of engrish. Anyway, game is story-driven and not hard at all. Simple puzzle platformer. Enjoy it or hate it, decide for yourself. I tried to use so many sprites, as i can, and also explore different uses of engine.

http://www.puzzlescript.net/play.html?p=fc25ce1927e436912ff733b521c77273

Alan Hazelden

Jun 4, 2016, 11:58:45 AM6/4/16
to dizzykei, PuzzleScript
This seems neat!

The dragon level seems broken: Nothing happens when I walk up to the dragon and there doesn't seem to be anything else to do.

Not sure what's going on with the final level. When I load it directly in the editor, it appears fine, but if I complete the previous level then after I click through the messages I just see a black screen. Might be a PuzzleScript bug?

airule...@gmail.com

Jun 4, 2016, 12:13:12 PM6/4/16
to PuzzleScript, airule...@gmail.com
Dragon not a hazard himself, but i can make him evil. You just need to move bucket with water (pressing x) to finish him off.

Yeah, that's the problem. If i complete all previous levels - boom - black screen with working r button. If I rebuild and then choose continue from start screen - voila - it appears.

Thanks for playing, nice to hear, that lizard actually resembles dragon.

Alan Hazelden

Jun 4, 2016, 12:22:25 PM6/4/16
to dizzykei, PuzzleScript
Ah okay, I tried pressing X next to the dragon and I tried pressing X on top of the bucket, but I didn't try pressing X when next to the bucket. Maybe pressing X when on top of the bucket should push the bucket right?

The dragon is a great dragon, but the bucket doesn't really read as a bucket of water. Maybe add a "splash" message to clarify why/how the dragon was defeated?

airule...@gmail.com

Jun 4, 2016, 2:09:04 PM6/4/16
to PuzzleScript, airule...@gmail.com
Here is updated version:
http://www.puzzlescript.net/play.html?p=854335657d2a0e495c09afd601bde75c

*add message about bucket and slightly changed it appereance
*dragon now kills and dying with terrific sound
*fixed unnoticed bug, player can move bucket to the left and then it suddenly disappear

anna anthropy

Jun 5, 2016, 12:53:05 PM6/5/16
to PuzzleScript, airule...@gmail.com
women am i right