Rigid trying too hard

That Scar

Jan 16, 2017, 10:08:46 AM1/16/17
to PuzzleScript
So, "rigid" is supposed to skip a rule if any of the its applications failed to move an object. Just wanted to inform you all: the keyword "rigid" triggered for me even though every object successfully moved when I removed it. I am pretty sure there is always a way around using rigid, so... don't use rigid.

That Scar

Jan 16, 2017, 10:24:38 AM1/16/17
to PuzzleScript
Also, Stephen, I wouldn't really bother fixing this but if you want to know the details, I can reproduce it.

Stephen Lavelle

Jan 16, 2017, 7:43:37 PM1/16/17
to That Scar, PuzzleScript
Could you link me to an example please? :)

That Scar

Jan 17, 2017, 8:54:47 AM1/17/17
to PuzzleScript, neskal...@gmail.com
Ok, this just got really weird, I tried to remove anything that isn't necessary to reproduce it and the key components are really weird, test it out here.
Sumo simply moves in a way that's the easiest to test this bug.
If you push the sumo with both pants and a shirt on, you drop both of them. If you wear only the pants or only the shirt, you keep them in the fight without embarrassing yourself.
If you remove Rigid, everything works just fine but you obviously drop the clothes on the sumo when you try to push him out of the scene.

Now this is where it really gets weird:
All of this only works if the sound Player Move or Action is defined (I chose the latter for less noise). If you do Clothes Action instead, you can't pick up any clothes, while Clothes Move plays a sound when you try and fail to carry them. Shirt Action/Move is also interesting.

Stephen Lavelle

Jan 17, 2017, 1:47:49 PM1/17/17
to That Scar, PuzzleScript
in transit right now, but made a note of your bug report here - https://github.com/increpare/PuzzleScript/issues/369

I'm very grateful for it - thank you! :)

Stephen Lavelle

Feb 22, 2017, 9:55:25 AM2/22/17
to That Scar, PuzzleScript
well that was fun to look into O_O