[WIP] Coin Drop Puzzle

Connorses _

Oct 26, 2014, 12:32:31 AM10/26/14
to puzzle...@googlegroups.com
http://www.puzzlescript.net/play.html?p=3845c2a534e0c860dde2

This is a project that's been in progress since August and I kind of forgot about it for a while there... I recently added some more levels to it. The goal is to drop all coins to the goal at the bottom of the screen, but you can only shift rows with coins in them. Later levels add a few more items. It's one of my favorite projects and I felt like it was time to get some feedback on it.

Use the arrow keys to change rows and to move rows that contain coins!

I re-posted this because I apparently had the wrong link.

Kalev Tait

Oct 27, 2014, 9:16:50 AM10/27/14
to puzzle...@googlegroups.com
Wonderful! And I have no idea what you mean by WIP... that seems pretty finished as far as I can tell.

nigel...@igence.com

Oct 28, 2014, 1:19:50 PM10/28/14
to puzzle...@googlegroups.com
Really nice! Stuck on level 4 at the moment...

Stephen Lavelle

Oct 28, 2014, 1:31:40 PM10/28/14
to nigel...@igence.com, puzzle...@googlegroups.com
Oh gosh this is pretty substantial.  In the bandit section right now.  How're you going about doing levels? What more is there to do in it before it's no longer WIP?

On Tue, Oct 28, 2014 at 5:19 PM, <nigel...@igence.com> wrote:
Really nice!  Stuck on level 4 at the moment...

Connorses _

Oct 28, 2014, 9:55:06 PM10/28/14
to puzzle...@googlegroups.com
I wanted to add some more levels to it after I had gotten peoples' opinions on how it looks so far, that's all really. :3

Connorses

Dec 10, 2015, 2:04:18 PM12/10/15
to PuzzleScript
i just did a bug fix on this and fixed the final level. I'm really happy with that last level, too. :L

Ben Erlebach

Dec 21, 2015, 6:18:14 PM12/21/15
to PuzzleScript
This game is fantastic, well done! I haven't finished it yet, but I'm really enjoying it - the design of the puzzles is such that I have to think about the levels instead of just making 'obvious' moves, and it's very rewarding when I beat a level!

One small bug (or quirk, I guess): if you push a bandit underneath a coin, and they both fall some distance, the bandit sfx will play every 'frame' until they stop falling. This can be seen fairly easily in this level:

[......[
[......[
[.....0[
[.....#[
+.b.0..+
[.bc#..[
[#*#...[
[....#.[
[......[
[....#.[
--------

if you push the top coin right, and then right again after it falls.

Ben Erlebach

Dec 21, 2015, 7:22:57 PM12/21/15
to PuzzleScript
Another bug (on the final level): if you push the bottom coin right to start, the bandit phases up through the floor.

Connorses

Dec 22, 2015, 4:28:39 AM12/22/15
to PuzzleScript
Oh you're right about that through-the-floor bug! I thought I had fixed that one, hehe. I'll check it out. Thanks for the feedbacks.

Connorses

Dec 22, 2015, 12:57:21 PM12/22/15
to PuzzleScript
Just pushed the update. The game is now beatable.