[GAME] Ball Bros

Hand-E-Food

Jan 28, 2017, 6:06:40 AM1/28/17
to PuzzleScript
Ball Bros

Explore Big Ball's and Little Ball's unique abilities and help them through the maze.  Press X or SPACE to switch which ball you control.

Stephen Lavelle

Jan 28, 2017, 7:00:55 AM1/28/17
to Hand-E-Food, PuzzleScript
woah technically impressive! looks/feel nice (though it took em a while to get used to which balls trigger which barriers)

1: you probably want no_repeat_action in the prelude? (http://www.puzzlescript.net/Documentation/prelude.html

my brain shut down when it saw this level:
Inline image 1

but it was actually ok once it started thinking about it.

is this intentional? should this happen:

Inline image 1

ahaha i like that i can use the yellow blocks for these puzzles as well. stuck on the first level where you have to do things with this, but: cool game! :D I definitely have warmed to it while playing

Hand-E-Food

Jan 28, 2017, 7:58:20 AM1/28/17
to PuzzleScript, hand_...@hotmail.com
Thanks for the feedback!

1: you probably want no_repeat_action in the prelude? (http://www.puzzlescript.net/Documentation/prelude.html

Great idea!  Done!

my brain shut down when it saw this level:
Inline image 1

Yeah, I can see how that's daunting now.  Maybe I should replace the immovable blocks with walls to simplify it a bit?  Though I can see that possibly making Big Ball's route too simple to find.

is this intentional? should this happen:
Inline image 1

Yeah, that's perfectly fine.  Big Ball is holding the gate down.  You can see the cyan receiver isn't activated because the lower gate isn't open.

Alan Hazelden

Jan 28, 2017, 6:43:22 PM1/28/17
to Hand-E-Food, PuzzleScript
The first laser level I didn't find it obvious that the trigger needed a specific colour laser. Maybe introduce an earlier level where that's not a factor or more obvious?

This seems like a nice set of mechanics!

CHz

Jan 28, 2017, 7:55:08 PM1/28/17
to PuzzleScript
I'm enjoying my candy! :)

Third to last puzzle: did you know it's possible to solve it without needing the bottom laser sensor? It takes a few more moves but the solution is largely the same, all the sensor does is remove some backtracking, so I don't think the puzzle really needs to be adjusted or anything.

edderiofer

Jan 28, 2017, 8:07:47 PM1/28/17
to PuzzleScript
Very nice. I got stumped on the last one until I realized I was approaching it in entirely the wrong way. Difficulty was more or less spot-on for me.

Hand-E-Food

Jan 29, 2017, 5:36:49 PM1/29/17
On Sunday, January 29, 2017 at 10:43:22 AM UTC+11, Alan Hazelden wrote:
The first laser level I didn't find it obvious that the trigger needed a specific colour laser. Maybe introduce an earlier level where that's not a factor or more obvious?

Thanks for that!  I see your point.  I was hoping that level would introduce the laser and tinting it with the objects, but with no contrast, how do you know a white laser is needed for the receiver.  Maybe I should make it require a yellow laser and the crate starts off not in the laser's path?

On Sunday, January 29, 2017 at 11:55:08 AM UTC+11, CHz wrote:
Third to last puzzle: did you know it's possible to solve it without needing the bottom laser sensor? It takes a few more moves but the solution is largely the same, all the sensor does is remove some backtracking, so I don't think the puzzle really needs to be adjusted or anything.

That level never quite turned out as I hoped.  Good on you finding that shortcut!

Hand-E-Food

Jan 29, 2017, 6:17:58 PM1/29/17

On Monday, January 30, 2017 at 9:36:49 AM UTC+11, Hand-E-Food wrote:
On Sunday, January 29, 2017 at 10:43:22 AM UTC+11, Alan Hazelden wrote:
The first laser level I didn't find it obvious that the trigger needed a specific colour laser. Maybe introduce an earlier level where that's not a factor or more obvious?

Thanks for that!  I see your point.  I was hoping that level would introduce the laser and tinting it with the objects, but with no contrast, how do you know a white laser is needed for the receiver.  Maybe I should make it require a yellow laser and the crate starts off not in the laser's path?

Yeah, I much prefer that.  Thanks!  :-D