Rule 30

Hannes Petri

May 19, 2015, 8:46:36 AM5/19/15
to puzzle...@googlegroups.com
I woke up one day and felt oddly compelled to implement Rule 30 in PuzzleScript.

It's not a puzzle game, I know...

Connorses

May 19, 2015, 8:12:18 PM5/19/15
to puzzle...@googlegroups.com
This looks really cool but I know almost nothing about it. :D

Chris Pickel

May 20, 2015, 7:34:25 AM5/20/15
to Connorses, puzzle...@googlegroups.com
Interesting. I know the Game of Life (and it’s made an appearance or two in Puzzlescript) but I hadn’t heard of Rule 30. I felt oddly compelled to hack on it a little :)

(My email client happened to truncate the preview for your email at “to implement Rule 3…” and I was very glad it didn’t turn out to be Rule 34)

Hannes Petri

May 20, 2015, 8:00:10 AM5/20/15
to puzzle...@googlegroups.com, onr...@gmail.com
That's a very neat implementation! Thanks for sharing :)

I guess an adaption of rule 34 would be "If there's a puzzle game, there's a PuzzleScript implementation of it". I've found it to be true surprisingly often.