Png2Ps Puzzlescript Image Converter

elwood...@gmail.com

Jul 29, 2017, 6:42:40 AM7/29/17
to PuzzleScript
A while back I made a program that converted .png files to puzzlescript code so I could use my favorite image editors for making puzzlescript sprites.

5 hours ago I went to download my old program so I could use it on a new project and the old download link was dead and I no longer had the source code for the project. So I just recreated it best I could. It's rough and quick, but it works.

There's a download link below, but please read the IMPORTANT text that follows:

There are some RULES you need to follow when using this.
Firstly, I distribute this with no guarantee. I wrote it for person use, it works for me, so I doubt I'll be making many changes. It's not a virus. It was written in Gamemaker 8.1, if anyone is interested I could provide the source as well.

Secondly, your images cannot contain more than 10 colors.
(Excluding #000000 which is used as alpha, see below.)
Puzzlescript only uses the characters 0-9 for sprites so 10 colors is all you can use anyway. If you're converting a folder full of .png files, and one happens to have more colors, the program will gracefully crash and restart itself, not completing your output file.

THIRDLY, AND THIS IS IMPORTANT, the color #000000 is used as an alpha channel. So any #000000 in your image will be converted to "." in puzzlescript. If you need to use black in your image, use #000001 no human eye will no the difference.

Lastly, the program accepts images of all sizes, but puzzlescript has it's own size limitations of 5x5, so i suggest you make sure your .png files are 5x5 because the program will not warn you or try to stop you, nor will it cut larger images into 5x5 chunks for you. (This is because I plan to use this program with DungeonScript as well which allows for larger sizes than 5x5.)

Goodluck, have fun, and stay creative! May this program help you in your endeavors!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Byl1bqbkcHRoXzBtNlI0SFdsUUk

elwood...@gmail.com

Jul 29, 2017, 6:48:58 AM7/29/17
to PuzzleScript
I realize there are other programs like this made by other people. By no means is this meant the replace them or be better in anyway. It was made to fit my needs and that's about it. It's lightweight and simple, and as far as I can tell functional.

Oh, here's a screenshot because I forgot!
http://imgur.com/a/xFYnY