[game] robot heist!!

anna anthropy

May 17, 2016, 1:20:58 PM5/17/16
to PuzzleScript
hey y'all here is a new game i just finished. it is called ROBOT HEIST

https://w.itch.io/robot-heist

thanks to everyone who helped me with timing issues in realtime mode! i am experimenting with embedding the game in itch.io with a pay download of the standalone game and source code, but because i love you all i'll post an editor link here:

http://www.puzzlescript.net/editor.html?hack=0177d94dfdbab8f54dc96d8bbeb914b3

ska...@googlemail.com

May 17, 2016, 2:57:21 PM5/17/16
to PuzzleScript
Great game, Anna. Thanks for sharing.

Jamie Perconti

May 17, 2016, 3:31:03 PM5/17/16
to PuzzleScript
That was cute and fun! I wish puzzlescript made it easier to skip around levels; I had to delete all the other levels to play the other ending without repeating the whole game.

(There's supposed to be a way to play arbitrary levels from the editor but I always forget how to do that. It would be nice though to be able to level select from within the "play" interface) --Jamie

iczuba...@gmail.com

May 18, 2016, 4:57:15 AM5/18/16
to PuzzleScript

Beautiful and flawless game, as usual. Great job, Anna!

@Jamie Perconti: To play a level directly, Ctrl + click on the level in the editor.

James ah ha

May 18, 2016, 5:39:43 PM5/18/16
to PuzzleScript, iczuba...@gmail.com
Hi Anna

Lovely feel to the game, had to re-do the last level to get buddy out - new twist in there.
Feels like there are more levels possible - you may have some in the itch.io version ?

James

Connorses

May 18, 2016, 6:45:08 PM5/18/16
to PuzzleScript
It's good! It has everything I would expect from a good heist story.

@James: woah I didn't even realize that was possible haha I just thought it was the twist ending

Alan Hazelden

May 19, 2016, 11:58:30 AM5/19/16
to Connorses, PuzzleScript
Oh yeah, I totally thought leaving Harry trapped was a forced solution. Very nice!

Resolving it though, it triggered the betrayal ending because I didn't move him far enough out of the bank and the area in which the game thinks he's trapped is larger than it should be.

I think moving the Scanner2 positioning fixes that problem: http://www.puzzlescript.net/editor.html?hack=278b5f5ba69ea98f159c883e3ade1d27

anna anthropy

May 19, 2016, 1:10:27 PM5/19/16
to PuzzleScript, onr...@gmail.com

i will make that change in the next version of the game for sure! there's also a third ending that seems to be technically possible that i also need to add!

Jay Boucher

May 26, 2016, 2:45:25 PM5/26/16
to PuzzleScript
Fun game! I had no idea PuzzleScript allowed some of that behavior, like switching characters and locked doors. Really cool.

anna anthropy

May 26, 2016, 5:53:34 PM5/26/16
to PuzzleScript

man what does it take to get senpai to notice you these days

Hand-E-Food

Jun 5, 2016, 6:58:06 AM6/5/16
to PuzzleScript
That was really good, especially the level where you steal the superconductor and the final level having two solutions!  The whole game was just the right length.  :-)

anna anthropy

Jun 5, 2016, 5:34:20 PM6/5/16
to PuzzleScript

thanks! i'm going to release a new version of this soon

...with THREE endings???

anna anthropy

Jun 8, 2016, 2:36:04 PM6/8/16
to PuzzleScript

NEW VERSION:

https://w.itch.io/robot-heist

source code:

http://www.puzzlescript.net/editor.html?hack=2d227f4c47ace79298b98ba5696403d0

I DID NOT ACTUALLY ADD A THIRD ENDING, SORRY. in fact i actually closed off one of the solutions to the alternate ending (i think). BUT i also added a clue to the intended solution for the alt ending somewhere in the game, as well as a bunch of other minor level design changes.

i've also updated HERDING CATS, another puzzlescript game of mine, to tweak and redesign a lot of the levels:

http://auntiepixelante.com/herdingcats/
Message has been deleted

Hoboken Pudding

Jun 10, 2016, 5:05:14 PM6/10/16
to PuzzleScript
OMG, Herding cats is Awesome! Fun and simple. Meow.

Connorses

Jul 15, 2016, 3:47:20 PM7/15/16
to PuzzleScript
I like the new herding cats levels! They convey the strategies of the game well.

I feel like it's easier than before, maybe I'm just getting better at puzzle games??

anna anthropy

Jul 16, 2016, 12:34:24 PM7/16/16
to PuzzleScript

maybe it's just easier because the new levels do a better job at teaching!

oh, this is maybe a good time to disclose that herding cats and robot heist were both made as example projects for my new book where i teach puzzlescript (and scratch and twine) to kids:

https://www.nostarch.com/makevideogames