[GAME] Atomix demake.

recher_ps...@yahoo.fr

Dec 1, 2016, 1:41:55 PM12/1/16
to PuzzleScript
Hello everyone,

Here is a demake of Atomix.

http://www.puzzlescript.net/play.html?p=e4301869b762605f976b8f1c86fc70d3

In case you do not know the original game :
http://www.abandonwaredos.com/abandonware-game.php?gid=83

I took the levels made by draknek :
http://blog.draknek.org/post/93360531842/if-i-wanted-to-clone-atomix-this-is-where-id

It was a little hard to code the Atomix rules in PuzzleScript, but I liked the challenge. I was embarrassed by the lack of "variable". To check the equality between the molecule and the atoms in the arena, I had to hard-code every atom possibility.

It is like saying : "Are there a hydrogen in the model and a hydrogen in the arena, or a carbon in the model and a carbon in the arena, or ..."

Instead of being able to say : "Are there the same atom in the model and in the arena ?"

Anyway, it was fun, and I will try to make other games.

I also coded a little python script to convert the levels in kp-atomix format to PuzzleScript format. But it's not much documented, sorry. https://github.com/darkrecher/PuzzleSalad/tree/master/games/atomix

Enjoy !

Hand-E-Food

Dec 1, 2016, 5:29:09 PM12/1/16
to PuzzleScript, recher_ps...@yahoo.fr
This is really good!  I like how you've captured that 80's puzzle feel.

The only suggestion I have is to speed up the animation rate.  Pieces move so slowly I find I often press X too soon and move the same piece again accidentally.

I look forward to finishing this one!

Recher Réchèr

Dec 2, 2016, 2:46:27 AM12/2/16
to PuzzleScript, recher_ps...@yahoo.fr
Fixed.

I changed the interval from 0.3 to 0.2. (The link to the game is the same).

The best solution would have been to "release" instantly the moving-cursor when the atom stops. Currently, one useless turn is played between the atom stopping and the cursor changing from moving to not-moving. This is what confuses the player.

But this process would be hard to code, so I'm afraid I will keep it like this.

Thank you for your feedback.

Hand-E-Food

Dec 2, 2016, 5:13:19 AM12/2/16
to PuzzleScript, recher_ps...@yahoo.fr
Yeah, 0.2 is so much better!  :-D

Connorses

Dec 6, 2016, 5:39:21 PM12/6/16
to PuzzleScript
Great work on the PS port.

Draknek did a good job making his level pack! I tried the original Atomix and I think the levels aren't bad; they're large but they make use of all the space. All those nooks and crannies add to the difficulty because they prevent making certain moves. The problem I had with it was the difficulty curve is real harsh. I can't believe it makes you solve them on a timer, I ran out of time even on Easy mode.