[Game] JAM3 Game

Ivan Koswara

Dec 29, 2015, 8:31:42 PM12/29/15
to PuzzleScript
JAM3 Game, Just Another Match 3 Game. Inspired from Candy Crush Saga and other such games that require lots of luck to get the pieces aligned as you wish, within move limit. (Or you spend money.) Now you can take your time; no move limit! You can move anywhere; no need to make a match! Set up the board as you wish and trigger the big combo! After all, trick shot is the whole point of the game...

Currently still in progress, but it's probably just adding/polishing the levels and putting better sprites. Feedback welcome.

Alan Hazelden

Dec 29, 2015, 8:59:24 PM12/29/15
to Ivan Koswara, PuzzleScript
Finding it difficult to see how to win level 2! Not sure if that's because I'm missing something or just not thinking it through properly.

On Wed, Dec 30, 2015 at 12:31 PM, Ivan Koswara <chaoti...@gmail.com> wrote:
JAM3 Game, Just Another Match 3 Game. Inspired from Candy Crush Saga and other such games that require lots of luck to get the pieces aligned as you wish, within move limit. (Or you spend money.) Now you can take your time; no move limit! You can move anywhere; no need to make a match! Set up the board as you wish and trigger the big combo! After all, trick shot is the whole point of the game...

Currently still in progress, but it's probably just adding/polishing the levels and putting better sprites. Feedback welcome.

Ivan Koswara

Dec 29, 2015, 9:34:27 PM12/29/15
to PuzzleScript, chaoti...@gmail.com

I'm not sure what might be missed.
- Your objective is to put gems of the same color on all target squares at some point. (This will make them to pop, but you're credited the win.)
- Gravity is at work; popped gems leave space where gems above them will fall to. This can trigger a chain.
- You can complete the objective in the middle of a chain.

Spoiler for level 2.

CHz

Dec 29, 2015, 11:44:32 PM12/29/15
to PuzzleScript
Awesome. #5 and #7 were the ones that made me say "what—but how" the loudest.

Stephen Lavelle

Dec 30, 2015, 4:42:27 PM12/30/15
to CHz, PuzzleScript
oh, this is cool! Love what you have to figure out to get level 2

Stephen Lavelle

Dec 30, 2015, 10:40:16 PM12/30/15
to CHz, PuzzleScript
(oh, sorry for posting this on the tumblr. I'll update the link if/when you release if. If you'd prefer, I can take the link back down until then).

Ivan Koswara

Dec 31, 2015, 1:08:04 AM12/31/15
to PuzzleScript, plasm...@gmail.com
Just means I need to work on it quicker.

...speaking of which, there we go. Fixed a few bugs I found (moving against the wall at the bottom; generating of specific gem colors), made a total of 15 levels, tweaked things a bit (sprite for target is now a darker gray, hopefully more visible; skip level added). I give up thinking of better sprites. Gems might not be colorblind-friendly :( Levels might still be changed later, but I think those are passable.

Stephen Lavelle

Dec 31, 2015, 1:21:44 AM12/31/15
to Ivan Koswara, PuzzleScript, 'Ili Butterfield
(I'm not a big fan of "press x twice to skip", if somebody can't solve level X, will they get much more from level X+1?)

Ivan Koswara

Dec 31, 2015, 1:25:52 AM12/31/15
to PuzzleScript, chaoti...@gmail.com, plasm...@gmail.com
I think level 5 is a little harder than level 6 (but I put them that way just because level 1-5 don't involve extra walls and level 6-10 involve them), so there's some use. But level skip is mostly for people that have done a certain level before and are too lazy to redo them.