[Game] Beach Jump Puzzle

Ove Ahlman

Apr 1, 2018, 2:50:46 PM4/1/18
to PuzzleScript
Here is my new game
https://oveahlman.itch.io/beach-jump-maze

It is about jumping around on the beach. The basic mechanic is quite simple but it has some twists which I hope you will enjoy.
I've been quite sparse on the sounds since I think it would get annoying with movement/jumping sounds, and I dont see anything else which could have a sound.

Cheers
Ove

Guillem Garcia Tarrach

Apr 1, 2018, 5:26:16 PM4/1/18
to PuzzleScript
I like it, it has some very funny moments!
Also, (spoilers) I could only find 3 faces (on my second playthrough)

Hand-E-Food

Apr 1, 2018, 11:19:19 PM4/1/18
to PuzzleScript
For all the bastardly trickery in that game, I thoroughly enjoyed it!  It brings me back to the good ol' days of ZZT, hunting for secret tunnels and easter eggs.

I've recently been introduced to this puzzle on paper, where each cell has a number indicating how many cells you have to move in one direction.  I've been looking forward to some harder puzzles like this and you've delivered.

Ove Ahlman

Apr 2, 2018, 8:16:01 AM4/2/18
to PuzzleScript
Awesome that you both like it, and at least Hand-E-Food seems to find it hard enough. I was a bit worried about the difficulty level, but as per usual when you are creating a game it is  hard to see how others will see it.

Regarding your spoilers
I looked it up and it seems like only 3 faces were accessible in the first version due to a mistake by me, it is now possible to find on level ...................... 64..

That Scar

Apr 7, 2018, 1:06:34 PM4/7/18
to PuzzleScript
This was amazing, I think I can say that I haven't ever played a game with such interesting easter eggs that cooperate with the base game so so well.
Likely every single mechanic, however unintuitive at first, was used in the solution path and it all makes you realize what is possible but only if you're attentive enough to extrapolate the implications yourself.
Sweet.