Installing foreman

Vishal Goel

Sep 3, 2015, 8:58:55 AM9/3/15
to Puppet Users
Hi! I want to install foreman on a debain squeeze machine. It has puppet 2.7.18 installed and is already in development as a puppetmaster. It has been deploying on a lot of slave machines. I looked up a lot on google but the links that I found install puppetmster on machine as well which I don't want to.

So, what should I do?

Thank you.

David Levray

Sep 3, 2015, 11:31:58 AM9/3/15
to Puppet Users
Hi,

install foreman :
1/ foreman-installer -i
2/ unselect puppet
3/ select :
 Configure foreman
 Configure foreman_proxy
Configure foreman_cli

if use foreman with vmware:  Configure foreman_compute_vmware
if use foreman with kvm:  Configure foreman_compute_libvirt

that communicates with puppet foreman, configure the foreman_proxy in /etc/foreman-proxy/settings.yml and /etc/foreman-proxy/settings.d/puppet.yml

By