MCollective Plugins - Can I Install with Puppet Collections?

Chad Thompson

Aug 31, 2015, 6:34:08 PM8/31/15
to Puppet Users
To all:

This is hopefully a simple question:

Prior to the Puppet 4 upgrade, I was using the Puppetlabs repo to install the Puppet agent along with MCollective and a few (puppet, service) MCollective plugins.

With the upgraded install using Puppet Collections (which includes the mco binary and client/server configurations) I can no longer find the plugin packages for MCollective.

Do I need to enable a different repository - or is there something else I'm missing?

Thanks!

Chad

---

Stefan Heijmans

Sep 1, 2015, 6:23:57 AM9/1/15
to Puppet Users
Nice one :)
Think the MCO plugins where forgotten with the new puppet-agent setup, the plugin documentation still refers to the non-puppetlabs directories.

Stefan Heijmans

Sep 4, 2015, 9:15:11 AM9/4/15
to Puppet Users

Chad Thompson

Sep 7, 2015, 11:08:56 PM9/7/15
to Puppet Users
Thank you!  I opened a ticket earlier as well after posting this (https://tickets.puppetlabs.com/browse/MCO-722) - I didn't see the two that you posted.

(In the meantime, I'll be trying to work around by installing from source into the 'libdir' if I can.)