ssh_authorized_key ensure => absent?

dkoleary

Jul 19, 2016, 9:40:57 AM7/19/16
to Puppet Users
Hey;

I'm trying to add/delete ssh key from a specific user.  Adding keys works; however, removing them doesn't.

Here's what I have:

  ssh_authorized_key { 'dkoleary':

ensure  => absent,
    key
=> '[[long_key_snipped]]',
    type
=> 'ssh-dss',
    user
=> 'dkoleary',

}

Anyone see what I'm missing?  As I said, the 'ensure => present' works... just can't seem to remove the specific key.

Thanks

Doug O'Leary

Dan White

Jul 20, 2016, 9:15:43 AM7/20/16
to puppet...@googlegroups.com
What version is your master / agent ?
Dan White | d_e_...@icloud.com

dkoleary

Jul 20, 2016, 2:45:32 PM7/20/16
to Puppet Users
Hey;

Both are ver 4.5.  Sorry; should have added that.  Just seems like I'm missing something fairly simple.  It's not like the class is all that involved.

thanks

Doug

Dan White

Jul 20, 2016, 4:05:43 PM7/20/16
to puppet...@googlegroups.com

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."

Bill Waterson (Calvin & Hobbes)

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."

Bill Waterson (Calvin & Hobbes)

dkoleary

Jul 20, 2016, 6:02:42 PM7/20/16
to Puppet Users
I haven't yet as there are other keys that haven't been migrated into puppet management yet. That's a bit more work. I was hoping to be able to clear out old keys w/o resorting to manually removing the keys as getting all the keys under puppet management is probably a couple of weeks off.

Thanks