New products to help you scale automation success

Ben Ford

Apr 25, 2018, 12:28:48 PM4/25/18
to pe-u...@puppet.com, puppet...@googlegroups.com, puppet-secur...@googlegroups.com, puppet-...@googlegroups.com
Whether you’re just starting your automation journey or you’ve been at it a while, you know that making automation pervasive across your enterprise is hard.

Three key challenges stand in the way of scaling success:

* It’s hard to know what you have
* It’s hard to scale automation broadly and deeply
* Dev and Ops teams are still siloed

The latest offerings in our product portfolio help you scale your success with automated discovery, management and delivery of all of your applications and the infrastructure they run on.

Know What You Have with Puppet Discovery. Puppet Discovery is the most powerful discovery tool available on the market. Its intuitive dashboard shows you everything you have running on your servers, VMs, and containers, on premises or in the cloud. You get deep insights into your infrastructure so you know what to automate and take action on in order to bring all of your infrastructure under management.

>> Learn more

Bridge Dev and Ops With All New Continuous Delivery for Puppet Enterprise. We’re thrilled to introduce a new offering based on the same CI/CD technology that powers Puppet Pipelines. Continuous Delivery for Puppet Enterprise unifies Dev and Ops workflows by making continuous integration and delivery simple for infrastructure managed with Puppet Enterprise. This product is available to existing customers in June.

>> Learn more

Scale Automation Broadly and Deeply With Puppet Enterprise®. Puppet Enterprise 2018.1(LTS) includes more ways to help customers scale automation broadly and deeply with enterprise-grade security and support.

Puppet Tasks™ enhancements: In Puppet Enterprise, new per-node role-based access control (RBAC) lets you control who can run specific tasks across groups of nodes. In Puppet Bolt™, our open source task runner, we’ve added the ability to run task plans on Puppet Enterprise nodes using our ultra-scalable Puppet orchestrator, which allows you to run tasks across hundreds of thousands of nodes. Bolt task plans give you the ability to execute ordered actions as part of a deployment workflow and now, you can track the execution of those plans directly in the Puppet Enterprise console. Learn about free Tasks training.

Puppet Development Kit (PDK) support: Puppet Enterprise customers can now use the PDK to quickly develop and test Puppet code with support when they need it.

New backup and recovery capabilities: Puppet Enterprise has long been a core part of disaster recovery planning, making it straightforward to reproduce business-critical infrastructure in the event of catastrophe. Now, it’s even easier to incorporate Puppet Enterprise into those plans with built-in tools to backup and restore the deployment. Combined with its high-availability features, Puppet Enterprise is always ready if there’s a problem anywhere in the datacenter or the cloud.