order by value on fact_contents

Bryan Keech

Aug 16, 2017, 1:40:58 PM8/16/17
to Puppet Users
Reading the docs for puppetdb, I believe I should be able to order by value when using the fact_contents endpoint. However, every attempt I get a error saying its an unrecognized field.

Any examples on how to do this?

Wyatt Alt

Sep 22, 2017, 5:06:22 PM9/22/17
to Puppet Users
Hi Bryan,
This is a bug -- right now fact_contents doesn't support ordering on value, but the docs as you say, as well as this ticket: https://tickets.puppetlabs.com/browse/PDB-1649 suggest that's a regression. I've created https://tickets.puppetlabs.com/browse/PDB-3687 to track the fix. In the meantime I've updated the 4.2.3.x docs to reflect reality, and we'll roll that update forward to master. Thanks for bringing this up and sorry for the news.

Wyatt