puppet5-nightly repos coming soon to nightlies.puppet.com!

Molly Waggett

Jan 2, 2018, 2:26:38 PM1/2/18
to puppet...@googlegroups.com
Hello Puppet Users!

We are excited to announce new and improved puppet5-nightly and puppet-nightly package repositories, which will be rolling out mid-January!

The puppet5-nightly repo will always contain the latest dev builds from components of Puppet Platform 5 (puppet-agent, puppetserver, and puppetdb), while puppet-nightly will contain the latest dev builds for the latest Puppet Platform major version. In other words, puppet-nightly will contain Platform 6, 7, etc. builds when they are released, but puppet5-nightly will not go beyond Platform 5.

Previously, nightlies were spread across apt.puppetlabs.com, yum.puppetlabs.com, and downloads.puppetlabs.com. With this change, we will consolidate all of the nightly builds in one place: nightlies.puppet.com. Builds that currently exist on nightlies.puppet.com will be replaced with these new nightly builds. If you have already downloaded nightly release packages, you will need to replace them with one pointing at the new location.

In general, nightly builds will be purged after 30 days.

If you have any questions, please let me know!

Thanks!

--
Molly Waggett
Assoc. Release Engineer

Molly Waggett

Feb 20, 2018, 4:44:05 PM2/20/18
to puppet...@googlegroups.com
Hey Puppet Users!

puppet5 nightlies are finally live at nightlies.puppet.com!

We've done our best to make this transition smooth, but if you run into issues or have any questions, please let us know!

Thanks!

--
Molly Waggett
she/her/hers