puppet module repository w/ self signed ssl?

Sean

Jun 5, 2018, 11:52:59 AM6/5/18
to Puppet Users
Hello,

I'm wanting to use the module_repository setting in puppet.conf on my puppet5 master.  The local repo mirror we've setup requires SSL, but has a self-signed cert.  Is there a way to make puppet trust that cert?

Mostly, I want to be able to use puppet module search as a convenience since the environment is not internet connected.  We use control repos and r10k to deploy from the same repo and it works well.

Thanks.

Josh Cooper

Jun 5, 2018, 12:05:23 PM6/5/18
to puppet...@googlegroups.com

You should be able to follow the workaround in https://tickets.puppetlabs.com/browse/PUP-8889, but longer term we want to make it easier to support third-party CA certs for things like file sources, etc.

Josh

--
Josh Cooper | Software Engineer

Thomas Müller

Jun 6, 2018, 7:31:19 AM6/6/18
to Puppet Users

Am Dienstag, 5. Juni 2018 18:05:23 UTC+2 schrieb Josh Cooper:
On Tue, Jun 5, 2018 at 8:52 AM, Sean <smal...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello,

I'm wanting to use the module_repository setting in puppet.conf on my puppet5 master.  The local repo mirror we've setup requires SSL, but has a self-signed cert.  Is there a way to make puppet trust that cert?

Mostly, I want to be able to use puppet module search as a convenience since the environment is not internet connected.  We use control repos and r10k to deploy from the same repo and it works well.

Thanks.

You should be able to follow the workaround in https://tickets.puppetlabs.com/browse/PUP-8889, but longer term we want to make it easier to support third-party CA certs for things like file sources, etc.

reading the Ticket, you'll need to:

1) copy your trusted cert to /opt/puppetlabs/puppet/ssl/certs/
2) run c_rehash /opt/puppetlabs/puppet/ssl/certs/ to create symlinks compatible with OpenSSL

- Thomas