puppet resource package?

Jason McMahan

Oct 19, 2016, 3:51:35 PM10/19/16
to Puppet Users
Good day,
We are working on a fresh roll out of puppet o our company.
We created a module to install an application but we quickly realized the application is not appearing in add remove programs.
It was soon apparent that we could not check for the package name if it does not appear there.
Does anyone have suggestions for the best course of action? I read using a custom fact as one suggestions.

basically we are

  package { 'client':
    name   => 'client',
    ensure => installed,
    source => '//path/file.exe',
   }
  service { 'client':
    name => 'client',
    ensure => running,
  }

I can see the system has the application, and the service is running but puppet resource package doesn't see it nor does add remove programs.
If I go into the registry under
HKLM:Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ {GUID} I see the application information here.

Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thank you