Load Balancer for Puppet Master

瀏覽次數:66 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Braian Fabián Leiva

未讀,
2016年6月24日 凌晨2:17:372016/6/24
收件者:Puppet Users
I'm trying to setup a Load Balancer in front of some Compile Masters and the Puppet docs says that I can achieve that either with raw TCP proxying, or acting as its own SSL endpoint[1]. If I configure the LB with SSL and SNAT will that work? Is it better to use bridging instead?

Christopher Wood

未讀,
2016年6月24日 上午8:27:082016/6/24
收件者:puppet...@googlegroups.com
I handle ssl on the actual compile masters with SAN certs and it works just fine. Define "better"?

On Thu, Jun 23, 2016 at 12:20:44PM -0700, Braian Fabián Leiva wrote:
> I'm trying to setup a Load Balancer in front of some Compile Masters and
> the Puppet docs says that I can achieve that either with raw TCP proxying,
> or acting as its own SSL endpoint[1]. If I configure the LB with SSL and
> SNAT will that work? Is it better to use bridging instead?
> [1] [1]https://docs.puppet.com/guides/scaling_multiple_masters.html#option-3-use-a-load-balancer
>
> --
>
> References
>
> Visible links
> 1. https://docs.puppet.com/guides/scaling_multiple_masters.html#option-3-use-a-load-balancer
> 2. mailto:puppet-users...@googlegroups.com
> 3. https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/puppet-users/5ddb5120-4f41-4404-9f91-c177f7651757%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer
> 4. https://groups.google.com/d/optout

Neil - Puppet List

未讀,
2016年6月26日 上午9:23:012016/6/26
收件者:PuppetList

Hello

i front puppet masters with haproxy.  haproxy handles ssl and requires a valid client cert. requests for a cert go to a seperate ca master.

happy to supply config if you are interested

Neil

On 24 Jun 2016 07:17, "Braian Fabián Leiva" <ble...@edrans.com> wrote:
I'm trying to setup a Load Balancer in front of some Compile Masters and the Puppet docs says that I can achieve that either with raw TCP proxying, or acting as its own SSL endpoint[1]. If I configure the LB with SSL and SNAT will that work? Is it better to use bridging instead?

chanlinux

未讀,
2018年5月29日 上午11:14:382018/5/29
收件者:Puppet Users