Can't connect agent to master using curl

Freddy Paxton

Aug 23, 2016, 10:22:52 AM8/23/16
to Puppet Users
Hi,
I recently installed Puppet Enterprise on my master using the guide provided on the Puppet website. First of all, it wanted me to navigate to https://<hostname>:3000 to use the web installer, however, using my hostname to use the web installer didn't work. Instead I used the IP address and this did work. After completing the installation I then tried to connect an agent to my master. I used the curl script provided (curl -k https://<hostname>:8140/packages/current/install.bash | sudo bash) and yet again the hostname failed to work, so I used the IP address again for this and a connection was made. But I was then presented with this message "curl failed to get https://<hostname>:8140/packages/2016.2.1/ubuntu-14.04-amd64.bash  The agent packages needed to support ubuntu-14.04-amd64 are not present on your master.     To add them, apply the pe_repo::platform::ubuntu_1404_amd64 class to your master node and then run Puppet. The required agent packages should be retrieved when puppet runs on the master, after which you can run the install.bash script again." I checked to see if 'pe_repo::platform::ubuntu_1404_amd64' was already applied on my master mode and it was (as I am using the same operating system for the master and the agent). I believe this is because the install.bash script uses the hostname to retrieve the classes from the master, and as I said before, this doesn't seem to want to work for me.

This could well be an issue outside of Puppet, but any guidance on this would be appreciated, I can't seem to find any answers anywhere.

Thanks

Lowe Schmidt

Aug 23, 2016, 2:17:39 PM8/23/16
to puppet...@googlegroups.com
Hey,

do you have DNS configured for your domain?

--
Lowe Schmidt | +46 723 867 157

Freddy Paxton

Aug 24, 2016, 6:48:55 AM8/24/16
to Puppet Users
Yes I'm pretty sure I have.
Would it make a difference if my hostname has 2 fullstops/periods in it?