3.8.2 can't display used licenses, can't clear bogus usage count

Vince Skahan

Aug 28, 2015, 1:19:41 PM8/28/15
to Puppet Users

I'm running PE 3.8.2 and doing a lot of build/nuke/build cycles in vagrant, so I need to watch my license usage.

My server currently shows 5/10 licenses used although there's only one client actually.
  • where is this license usage stored ?  Has to be a database someplace with bogus data
  • how do I clear it back to reality ?  The procedures on PL web don't work.

And lastly, I need the future parser 'off' because the splunkforwarder module isn't compliant yet (bug is being worked by PL).   When I do certain combinations of restarting pe processes while trying to clear the blasted license count, it 'continually' reenables the future parser in puppet.conf - The pattern seems to be that when I restart pe-memcached and pe-console-services to try to reset the licenses displayed, it adds the darn line back into puppet.conf on me (silently) and my next runs blow up massively (not so silently).

Is there a parser = not_future_quite_yet_dude option I can set in puppet.conf ?  Is there a database to clear ?  What is going on here ?

Lindsey Smith

Vince Skahan

Aug 31, 2015, 2:53:18 PM8/31/15
to Puppet Users
On Monday, August 31, 2015 at 11:43:43 AM UTC-7, Lindsey Smith wrote:

On Fri, Aug 28, 2015 at 10:19 AM, Vince Skahan <vince...@gmail.com> wrote:
  • how do I clear it back to reality ?  The procedures on PL web don't work.

ummmm, no they dont - see the original post ?

today I'm showing 3/10 used when there is one client and the master itself.

Lindsey Smith

Aug 31, 2015, 5:19:11 PM8/31/15
to puppet...@googlegroups.com
I just tried it and it worked for me:
- Fresh PE 3.8.2 installation. Node count is 1 of 10.
- Fresh agent installation
- Sign the cert request in the UI
- Run puppet on the agent
- Refresh browser page and node count displays as 2 of 10
- On the master, puppet agent deactivate nodename
- Refresh browser page and node count stays the same in the UI, 2 of 10
- On the master, service pe-memcached restart
- Refresh browser page and node count is 1 of 10