generating puppet catalog throws error "Error: cannot load such file -- md5"

Joseph Lorenzini

Aug 24, 2016, 11:53:52 AM8/24/16
to Puppet Users
Hi all,

I am migrating a puppet master from centos 5 to centos 7. I performed a fresh install of puppet 3.7.4 on centos 7. on the puppet master, I copied my puppet data to /etc/puppet etc. Whenever puppet agent runs on another node though, I get this exception.

Error: cannot load such file -- md5

This led me to think that the md5.rb script did not exist. But it does. I found it here.

/usr/share/ruby/vendor_ruby/puppet/parser/functions/md5.rb

Note I am on ruby 2.0. Is it possible that the puppet daemon is not properly setting the load path to pick up that file? If so, how do I configure puppet  master to pick up that ruby script? according to facter, here's the rubysitedir.

/usr/local/share/ruby/site_ruby/

Thanks,
Joe