puppetdb instllation form source

Joaquin Henriquez

Jul 26, 2016, 12:39:31 PM7/26/16
to Puppet Users
Hi Guys

Trying to install puppetdb form source.
I downloaded it from git b but then what?

If I modify the puppet.conf to enable puppetdb it will lok into file confdir/puppetdb.conf which doesn't exist under the git version.

Doing the config.ini rename to that puppetdb.conf will need to add the # to few lines to comment them out.

Jetty for the puppetdb.conf (under /etc/puppetlabs/puppet) only allows Jetty port 8080 which even if I use "puppet master --verbose --no-daemonize" will not come up.
If adding to the puppetdb.conf the ssl-host and ssl-port will not work either as it give a parse error.

Error: Could not retrieve facts for testbedocg: Failed to find facts from PuppetDB at puppet:8140: undefined method `url_path' for Puppet::Util::Puppetdb:Module
Error: undefined method `puppet3compat?' for Puppet::Util::Puppetdb:Module

Should I install puppetdb from module or form git source?

Wyatt Alt

Jul 26, 2016, 3:15:38 PM7/26/16
to puppet...@googlegroups.com, Joaquin Henriquez
Hi Joaquin,

If you're able to install with the module that's the best option by far,
since it will handle all the configuration for you.

If something is requiring you to install from source, the instructions
are here:
https://docs.puppet.com/puppetdb/4.1/install_from_source.html#step-2-option-a-install-from-source

Wyatt