PuppetDB is crashing - db constraint issue

JonY

Apr 26, 2014, 9:03:22 AM4/26/14
to puppet...@googlegroups.com
It seems that puppetdb has run itself into a corner. It starts (albeit briefly) and then stops soon afterwards with this error:

2014-04-25 20:38:30,242 ERROR [command-proc-65] [puppetdb.command] [6c141db1-eeac-4c3f-be08-d03e5f445a19] [store report] Retrying after attempt 13, due to: java.sql.SQLIntegrityConstraintViolationException: integrity constraint violation: unique constraint or index violation; CONSTRAINT_RESOURCE_EVENTS_UNIQUE table: RESOURCE_EVENTS
java.sql.SQLIntegrityConstraintViolationException: integrity constraint violation: unique constraint or index violation; CONSTRAINT_RESOURCE_EVENTS_UNIQUE table: RESOURCE_EVENTS
        at org.hsqldb.jdbc.Util.sqlException(Unknown Source)
        at org.hsqldb.jdbc.Util.sqlException(Unknown Source)
        at org.hsqldb.jdbc.JDBCPreparedStatement.fetchResult(Unknown Source)
        at org.hsqldb.jdbc.JDBCPreparedStatement.executeUpdate(Unknown Source)

.. lots more stack after that.

How do I go about cleaning this up? All of my agent processes are frozen.

JonY

Apr 26, 2014, 10:39:25 AM4/26/14
to puppet...@googlegroups.com
FWIW: I tried to remove all the db files and restart in hopes of removing the constraint issue. It immediately came back so I'm assuming that this is a bug in the version of puppetdb I have installed (1.6.3.1)

Ken Barber

Apr 26, 2014, 10:44:04 AM4/26/14
to Puppet Users
It sounds like this Puppet bug: https://tickets.puppetlabs.com/browse/PDB-349

You can usually solve this by upgrading to Puppet 3.4.3.

ken.

Ken Barber

Apr 26, 2014, 10:44:43 AM4/26/14
to Puppet Users
Sorry, the URL for the Puppet bug is really here:
https://tickets.puppetlabs.com/browse/PUP-1524

JonY

Apr 26, 2014, 2:05:50 PM4/26/14
to puppet...@googlegroups.com
I think I'm past that version already:

# rpm -qa | grep puppet
puppetdb-1.6.3-1.el6.noarch
puppet-3.5.1-1.el6.noarch
puppet-server-3.5.1-1.el6.noarch
vim-puppet-2.7.20-1.el6.rf.noarch
puppetlabs-release-6-10.noarch
puppetdb-terminus-1.6.3-1.el6.noarch

JonY

Apr 26, 2014, 2:08:52 PM4/26/14
to puppet...@googlegroups.com

On Saturday, April 26, 2014 11:05:50 AM UTC-7, JonY wrote:
I think I'm past that version already:

# rpm -qa | grep puppet
puppetdb-1.6.3-1.el6.noarch
puppet-3.5.1-1.el6.noarch
puppet-server-3.5.1-1.el6.noarch
vim-puppet-2.7.20-1.el6.rf.noarch
puppetlabs-release-6-10.noarch
puppetdb-terminus-1.6.3-1.el6.noarch

NOTE: I'm not using postgresql either. Still under 100 clients...

Ken Barber

Apr 28, 2014, 8:17:04 AM4/28/14
to Puppet Users
Sorry, its your agents that need to be upgraded not your master. Are
they all running 3.4.3 or greater?