How install/upgrade puppet with puppet

Albert Shih

Dec 6, 2017, 11:26:55 AM12/6/17
to puppet...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I would like to know how you install and more important upgrade
puppet-agent.

I don't search how to bootstrap the installation of puppet, it's ok for me
to make that manually.

But with time I've got lot of host running old puppet agent version.

So ... how do you manage to upgrade puppet agent on all you client ?

Regards
--
Albert SHIH
Heure local/Local time:

Rob Nelson

Dec 6, 2017, 11:35:31 AM12/6/17
to puppet...@googlegroups.com
Getting puppet installed is often very particular to your OS/distro and implementation details. As a general rule, I make sure to install it during my provisioning process.

As for updates, I highly recommend the puppet_agent module, https://forge.puppet.com/puppetlabs/puppet_agent, which allows you to update some or all of your agents to new versions. It was designed to assist with Puppet 3->4 migrations, which was fairly complicated, but it also works for upgrading from 4->5 or within the same major version.