Announce: PE 2016.4.12, 2017.3.7, and 2018.1.1 are now available

Sara Meisburger

Jun 7, 2018, 6:20:39 PM6/7/18
to puppet...@googlegroups.com

Dear Puppet Enterprise Users,

Puppet Enterprise 2016.4.12, 2017.3.7, and 2018.1.1 are now available.

This is a security release of Puppet Enterprise. All users of Puppet Enterprise are encouraged to upgrade when possible.

Puppet Enterprise 2016.4.12, 2017.3.7, and 2018.1.1 includes fixes to address Razor-Server and multiple Windows vulnerabilities. You can check out the release notes here:

2016.4.12, 2017.3.7, and 2018.1.1.

Read more about the security fixes on the Security Announcements page:
https://puppet.com/docs/security-vulnerability-announcements

Puppet Enterprise 2018.1 is our newly available long-term supported (LTS) release, meaning you can expect full support, security updates and bug fixes through May 2020. It also includes significant improvements to Puppet Tasks, Puppet Development Kit (PDK) support, and disaster recovery planning.

Read more about what’s included here: https://puppet.com/blog/see-whats-new-puppet-enterprise-20181

As a current Puppet Enterprise user, you can upgrade to this new version as part of your annual subscription. If upgrading, it is required to upgrade your master, puppetdb, and console servers first.

As always, we want to hear about your experiences with Puppet Enterprise. If you have any questions about upgrading, be sure to get in touch with Puppet Support.

--
Sara Meisburger
Release Engineering