Puppet Enterprise install URL can not be Accessed

Christopher Hampton

Apr 29, 2016, 9:00:48 AM4/29/16
to Puppet Users
I am building out a Puppet Enterprise Install for a demo lab for work.  I am using CentOS 7.  I can download the Tarball and expand it.  Then start the installer but when I go to use the URL from another system it is not visible.  Does anyone know what is blocking the Web Install UI?

Thanks,

Chris

Matthaus Owens

Apr 29, 2016, 1:35:03 PM4/29/16
to Puppet Users
Chris,
My first guess would be that your centos 7 machine is firewalled. You may need to open port 3000 for the install to succeed.
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/24729024/centos-7-open-firewall-port came up first in a quick search for handling firewall rules in centos 7.

HTH

warron.french

Apr 29, 2016, 7:54:06 PM4/29/16