Announce: Puppet Enterprise 2016.4.0 is available

Morgan Rhodes

Oct 20, 2016, 1:13:57 PM10/20/16
to Puppet Users

Hello -

Today we announced the major updates to Puppet Enterprise, which give you the power to use automation as the bridge to your future, whether that's moving to the cloud or adopting containers in production.

With our latest release, Puppet is laying the foundation for DevOps practices by making it easier than ever to gain situational awareness and orchestrate software change confidently, no matter what your infrastructure runs on. Updates include:

  • Visualize intentional vs. corrective changes - Get detailed visibility into why changes occur and whether those changes are intentional or due to unexpected configuration drift with new reporting in the Puppet Enterprise web UI.

  • Orchestrate phased deployments - Significant enhancements to Puppet’s orchestration capabilities enable you to easily segment your infrastructure and run phased, canary deployments to as many servers at a time as you define. Using the Puppet orchestrator, it is now possible to segment infrastructure based on characteristics such as location, operating system, specific configurations applied, or any additional facts, and run ordered deployments to targeted portions of your infrastructure.

  • Puppet & Docker - Automate the container build process using Puppet as you define, build, and deploy containers into production environments.

  • VMware vRealize integration - A new Integration with VMware's vRealize Suite (vRA/vRO) significantly reduces lead times by enabling fully automated, self-service provisioning workflows.

  • Jenkins integration - A new integration with Jenkins lets you scale your DevOps practice by building continuous delivery pipelines and orchestrating infrastructure deployment with an integrated toolchain.

Puppet Enterprise 2016.4 has been designated as our long-term support (LTS) release, meaning you can expect full support, security updates and fixes for 24-months. Make sure to upgrade to Puppet Enterprise 2016.4, and check out the new features in our release notes to see how we use data analytics for continuous product improvement. You can also register for our webinar, What’s New in Puppet Enterprise on 3 November 2016 to learn more and see the product in action: http://info.puppet.com/2365-Whats-New-PE-2016.4-Register.html

-Puppet
--
Morgan Rhodes
Release Engineer