puppetlabs-tomcat plugin configuration question

Ed Young

Nov 2, 2014, 12:26:43 PM11/2/14
to puppet...@googlegroups.com
How do I configure the tomcat plugin?
Do I execute the examples code fragments? If so, how are they executed?

It looks like the code fragments in the examples directory correspond to the instructions above.
../modules/tomcat/examples/default_install_from_package.pp

I've installed the plugin, but I don't get how to configure it per the instructions and code snippets:
"The simplest way to get Tomcat up and running with the tomcat module is to install the Tomcat package from EPEL,
class { 'tomcat':
install_from_source => false,
}
class { 'epel': }->
tomcat::instance{ 'default':
package_name => 'tomcat',
}->
and then start the service.
tomcat::service { 'default':
use_jsvc => false,
use_init => true,
service_name => 'tomcat',
}
I'm pretty experienced using puppet, and rolling my own modules, but not with using puppetlabs modules and need some pointers on this please.

Ed Young

Nov 3, 2014, 3:16:52 PM11/3/14
to puppet...@googlegroups.com
The plugin requires the EPEL repo so I had to install that with this plugin:

That solved many of the issues.

--
- Ed

judy wawira

Jun 23, 2017, 6:23:14 PM6/23/17
to Puppet Users, e...@summitbid.com
Hello

I seem to run in a similar issue --- with an error of Tomcat::Service['default' ] duplicate declaration