Trying to add Domain user to a Local group issue

mparrad

Sep 6, 2012, 9:36:57 AM9/6/12
to puppet...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys, I'm trying to add a domain user to the local group Administrators of windows, and I got this error:

err: /Stage[main]/Userwindows/Group[Administrators]/members: change from AdministratorFarm AdminsDomain AdminsDomain Adminsbandrewsmruizmparra to DOMAIN\user failed: Add
    OLE error code:8007056B in Active Directory
      A member could not be added to or removed from the local group because the member does not exist.

    HRESULT error code:0x80020009
      Exception occurred.
debug: /Schedule[puppet]: Skipping device resources because running on a host
debug: Finishing transaction 143308680

my manifest is this:

class userwindows()
{

group { 'Administrators':
  members => 'DOMAIN\user',
}

}

where DOMAIN is my real domain name, and user is the real username...

Isn't a permission issue, when I tested adding manually the user to the group works fine, is only with the puppet agent, by the way I'm running puppet agent as administrator on that server, is a windows 2008 R2 server. puppet agent version 2.7.14 , what am i doing wrong?

Any help will be appreciated, thank you in advance..

Best regards

Thank you in

Josh Cooper

Sep 10, 2012, 12:24:13 PM9/10/12
to puppet...@googlegroups.com
Hi Marco,
> --

This is related to the scheduled_task + domain user issue discussed
here: https://groups.google.com/d/msg/puppet-users/pkePgl72M6M/qTO3atT-ouMJ
Basically, when using WMI to lookup a user, we restrict the query to
only local user accounts. The issue should be resolved as part of
this: https://projects.puppetlabs.com/issues/15326

Josh

--
Josh Cooper
Developer, Puppet Labs

Marco Parra D.

Sep 10, 2012, 2:03:00 PM9/10/12
to puppet...@googlegroups.com
Hi Josh,
I'll check those URLs, thank you for your answer Josh.

Regards.