Announce: Module puppetlabs/postgresql 2.1.0 Available

Ken Barber

Feb 20, 2013, 1:02:04 PM2/20/13
to Puppet Users, puppe...@googlegroups.com
A new release of the puppetlabs/postgresql module is now available on the Forge:

https://forge.puppetlabs.com/puppetlabs/postgresql/2.1.0

Changelog
========

This release is primarily a feature release, introducing some new
helpful constructs to the module.

For starters, we've added the line `include
'postgresql_conf_extras.conf'` by default so extra parameters not
managed by the module can be added by other tooling or by Puppet
itself. This provides a useful escape-hatch for managing settings that
are not currently managed by the module today.

We've added a new defined resource for managing your tablespace, so
you can now create new tablespaces using the syntax:

postgresql::tablespace { 'dbspace':
location => '/srv/dbspace',
}

We've added a locale parameter to the `postgresql` class, to provide a
default. Also the parameter has been added to the
`postgresql::database` and `postgresql::db` defined resources for
changing the locale per database:

postgresql::db { 'mydatabase':
user => 'myuser',
password => 'mypassword',
encoding => 'UTF8',
locale => 'en_NG',
}

There is a new class for installing the necessary packages to provide
the PostgreSQL JDBC client jars:

class { 'postgresql::java': }

And we have a brand new defined resource for managing fine-grained
rule sets within your pg_hba.conf access lists:

postgresql::pg_hba { 'Open up postgresql for access from 200.1.2.0/24':
type => 'host',
database => 'app',
user => 'app',
address => '200.1.2.0/24',
auth_method => 'md5',
}

Finally, we've also added Travis-CI support and unit tests to help us
iterate faster with tests to reduce regression. The current URL for
these tests is here:
https://travis-ci.org/puppetlabs/puppet-postgresql. Instructions on
how to run the unit tests available are provided in the README for the
module.

A big thanks to all those listed below who made this feature release
possible :-).

#### Detailed Changes

2013-01-18 - Simão Fontes <simao...@gmail.com> & Flaper Fesp
<flap...@gmail.com>
* Remove trailing commas from params.pp property definition for Puppet
2.6.0 compatibility

2013-01-18 - Lauren Rother <lauren...@puppetlabs.com>
* Updated README.md to conform with best practices template

2013-01-09 - Adrien Thebo <g...@somethingsinistral.net>
* Update postgresql_default_version to 9.1 for Debian 7.0

2013-01-28 - Karel Brezina <karel....@gmail.com>
* Add support for tablespaces

2013-01-16 - Chris Price <ch...@puppetlabs.com> & Karel Brezina
<karel....@gmail.com>
* Provide support for an 'include' config file
'postgresql_conf_extras.conf' that users can modify manually or
outside of the module.

2013-01-31 - jv <je...@jeffvier.com>
* Fix typo in README.pp for postgresql::db example

2013-02-03 - Ken Barber <k...@bob.sh>
* Add unit tests and travis-ci support

2013-02-02 - Ken Barber <k...@bob.sh>
* Add locale parameter support to the 'postgresql' class

2013-01-21 - Michael Arnold <git...@razorsedge.org>
* Add a class for install the packages containing the PostgreSQL JDBC jar

2013-02-06 - fhrbek <filip...@gmail.com>
* Coding style fixes to reduce warnings in puppet-lint and Geppetto

2013-02-10 - Ken Barber <k...@bob.sh>
* Provide new defined resource for managing pg_hba.conf

2013-02-11 - Ken Barber <k...@bob.sh>
* Fix bug with reload of Postgresql on Redhat/Centos

2013-02-15 - Erik Dalén <da...@spotify.com>
* Fix more style issues to reduce warnings in puppet-lint and Geppetto

2013-02-15 - Erik Dalén <da...@spotify.com>
* Fix case whereby we were modifying a hash after creation

Ken Barber

Feb 21, 2013, 4:36:23 PM2/21/13
to Puppet Users, puppe...@googlegroups.com
So for anyone running RHEL or Centos 5, we've found a bug - but
already have a fix for you all in master:

https://github.com/puppetlabs/puppet-postgresql/issues/130

We'll do a follow up minor release soon to cover this. Thanks!

ken.