SSL Cert's are generated but not saved

Michael Holt

Sep 2, 2015, 4:14:24 PM9/2/15
to Puppet Users
Hi,

I'm working on using puppet to manage a fleet of Mac's.  I have run the puppet in the background while at the mac login window after /etc/puppet/puppet.conf is configured.

puppet.conf:
[master]
# These are needed when the puppetmaster is run by passenger
# and can safely be removed if webrick is used.
ssl_client_header = SSL_CLIENT_S_DN
ssl_client_verify_header = SSL_CLIENT_VERIFY
pluginsync=true

[agent]
##This is managed by puppet
server=puppetserverurl
certname=c02n5heug3qj
report=true
pluginsync=true
environment=macs

Puppet Agent command:
sudo /usr/bin/puppet agent --detailed-exitcodes --onetime --no-daemonize --verbose --environment macs --waitforcert 20

it is run by a LaunchDaemon.  It runs sucessfully once and my settings are applied but the SSL certs are not saved in /etc/puppet/ssl

I've been looking all over and can't find anyone with this issue.  Does anyone have any pointers?

David Levray

Sep 4, 2015, 8:02:20 AM9/4/15
to Puppet Users
Hello,

look in /var/lib/puppet/ssl

Your directry SSL is setting in file puppet.conf.
exemple:

 vardir          = /var/lib/puppet
 ssldir          = $vardir/ssl

Look your puppet.conf