Seeing an error that is totally confusing the heck out of me

Peter Berghold

Oct 9, 2012, 11:22:45 AM10/9/12
to puppet...@googlegroups.com
Got the following:

err: Could not retrieve catalog from remote server: Error 400 on SERVER: Could not autoload package: Could not autoload /usr/local/lib/site_ruby/1.8/puppet/provider/package/windows.rb: no such file to load -- windows/error at /etc/puppet/modules/php/manifests/init.pp:28 on node

This after I reverted back to puppet v2.7.11 on my master.  Not running windows anywhere... why am I seeing that?

--

Peter L. Berghold                       Salty....@gmail.com

http://blog.berghold.net

Michael Stahnke

Oct 9, 2012, 11:52:03 AM10/9/12
to puppet...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 8:22 AM, Peter Berghold <salty....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Got the following:
>
> err: Could not retrieve catalog from remote server: Error 400 on SERVER:
> Could not autoload package: Could not autoload
> /usr/local/lib/site_ruby/1.8/puppet/provider/package/windows.rb: no such
> file to load -- windows/error at
> /etc/puppet/modules/php/manifests/init.pp:28 on node
>
> This after I reverted back to puppet v2.7.11 on my master. Not running
> windows anywhere... why am I seeing that?

The contents of that php/manifests/init.pp file might be helpful here.

> --
>
> Peter L. Berghold Salty....@gmail.com
>
> http://blog.berghold.net

Peter Berghold

Oct 9, 2012, 11:56:35 AM10/9/12
to puppet...@googlegroups.com

On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 11:52 AM, Michael Stahnke <sta...@puppetlabs.com> wrote:

The contents of that php/manifests/init.pp file might be helpful here.

It actually turned out to be totally unrelated to the PHP module.   When I backdated to 2.7.11 I needed to do two things as it turns out.

1. Backdate facter
2. clean out the provider subdirectory under /usr/local/lib/site_ruby/1.8/provider and then reinstall puppet.

I might, of course, find other things that I need to clean out later, but I've gotten things to work again.

Jay Kumbhani

Aug 29, 2013, 6:17:47 AM8/29/13
to puppet...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Brother!!!