Environment specific folders missing in Puppet master version 3.6.2

Rakshatha shetty

Aug 14, 2017, 8:40:45 AM8/14/17
to Puppet Users
I recently upgraded puppet master version from 2.5 to 3.6.2. In this new version environment specific folders are missing (i.e. by default manifest and modules folder are present in path /etc/puppet).

I tried changing puppet.conf file by adding manifest and modules parameter (manifests = /etc/puppetlabs/code/environment/<env name>/manifests).

But even then when puppet is triggered agent is looking for manifests in previous folder i.e. /etc/puppet.

I want to have environment specific folders. Please help me on this.

Regards,
Rakshatha

Martijn

Aug 14, 2017, 9:27:52 AM8/14/17
to Puppet Users
Hi Rakshatha,

Did you set the $environmentpath in puppet.conf on the master? That is needed to enable Directory Environments. See https://docs.puppet.com/puppet/3.6/environments_configuring.html#enabling-directory-environments-in-open-source-puppet

Regards, Martijn

Rakshatha shetty

Aug 14, 2017, 9:39:03 AM8/14/17
to Puppet Users
Hi Martijn,

Thanks for the quick reply.
Yes, I have set $environmentpath variable in puppet.conf. Still it is not recognizing the specified path.

Regards,
Rakshatha

Martijn Heemels

Aug 14, 2017, 10:02:08 AM8/14/17
to puppet...@googlegroups.com
Make sure the setting is in the [master] section of puppet.conf, that you restart puppetserver after the changes and use 'puppet config print' to check what Puppet thinks it's set to.

Aug 15, 2017, 6:51:24 AM8/15/17
to Puppet Users
It works now. Thank you!

Regards,