Autofs suggestions

Jason McMahan

Oct 18, 2017, 3:58:27 PM10/18/17
to Puppet Users
Hello,
We are looking to remove our auto mounts from ldap and manage in puppet.
We have the puppet/autofs module.

One thing we would like to do is break auto mounts from all to specific.
For instance we do not want all servers to get oracle auto mounts however they are in the same map file.

    direct:
      mount: '/-'
      mapfile: '/etc/auto.direct'
      mapcontents:
        - '/oracledb -fstype=nfs,vers=3,proto=tcp,timeo=600,wsize=32768,rsize=32768 filer:/orarcledb01/stuff'
        -  '/data -fstype=nfs,vers=3,proto=tcp,timeo=600,wsize=32768,rsize=32768 filer:/common/data01'

Everyone should get /data but only oracle nodes should get /data and /oracledb.

We have tossed ideas to try Hiera, considered concatenating files or strings together and placing into a auto.direct file.

Any help or suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Thank you