Could not retrieve catalog from remote server: Error 400 Unsupported query parameter 'command'

aloha...@gmail.com

Jan 16, 2017, 10:05:43 PM1/16/17
to puppet...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
I just added postgresql 9.6 to my puppet server and receive this error.
Error: Could not retrieve catalog from remote server: Error 400 on SERVER: [400 ] Unsupported query parameter 'command'

I also looked at the debug info and installed the gem msgpack just in case, which seemed like just a warning and an optional installation.

Thanks for the help.

#Installation info.
* Both puppetdb and puppetserver are on the same host.
* I can telnet to port 8081 from the puppet client
* I signed the certificate on the puppet master after running puppet agent -t on the client
* Versions are:
puppet server: 2.3.0
puppetdb: 3.2.4
puppet client: 4.4.1

# puppet agent -t
Info: Using configured environment 'production'
Info: Retrieving pluginfacts
Info: Retrieving plugin
Info: Loading facts
Error: Could not retrieve catalog from remote server: Error 400 on SERVER: [400 ] Unsupported query parameter 'command'
Warning: Not using cache on failed catalog
Error: Could not retrieve catalog; skipping run

#debug info
Debug: Facter: resolving Xen facts.
Debug: Failed to load library 'msgpack' for feature 'msgpack'
Debug: Puppet::Network::Format[msgpack]: feature msgpack is missing
Debug: catalog supports formats: pson yaml dot binary
Debug: Using cached connection for https://puppet:8140
Debug: Caching connection for https://puppet:8140
Error: Could not retrieve catalog from remote server: Error 400 on SERVER: [400 ] Unsupported query parameter 'command'
Warning: Not using cache on failed catalog
Error: Could not retrieve catalog; skipping run
Debug: Using cached connection for https://puppet:8140
Debug: Caching connection for https://puppet:8140
Debug: Closing connection for https://puppet:8140

Wyatt Alt

Jan 18, 2017, 12:27:21 PM1/18/17
to puppet...@googlegroups.com

On 01/16/2017 07:05 PM, aloha...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hello,
> I just added postgresql 9.6 to my puppet server and receive this error.
> Error: Could not retrieve catalog from remote server: Error 400 on
> SERVER: [400 ] Unsupported query parameter 'command'
>
> I also looked at the debug info and installed the gem msgpack just in
> case, which seemed like just a warning and an optional installation.
>
> Thanks for the help.
>
> #Installation info.
> * Both puppetdb and puppetserver are on the same host.
> * I can telnet to port 8081 from the puppet client
> * I signed the certificate on the puppet master after running puppet
> agent -t on the client
> * Versions are:
> puppet server: 2.3.0
> puppetdb: 3.2.4
> puppet client: 4.4.1
What version of the PuppetDB terminus are you using on the master? The
package should be "puppetdb-termini" and the version should match
PuppetDB's.

Aaron D

Jan 19, 2017, 1:31:07 PM1/19/17
to Puppet Users