JBoss Error while Starting razor-server (Open Source) vfs:/root/gpxe/src

Vishal Sarin

May 11, 2016, 2:04:07 PM5/11/16
to puppet-razor
Hi Guys,

I am facing this error when I run  torquebox run --bind-address=0.0.0.0

22:01:50,941 ERROR [org.jboss.msc.service.fail] (MSC service thread 1-3) MSC00001: Failed to start service jboss.deployment.unit."src-knob.yml".STRUCTURE: org.jboss.msc.service.StartException in service jboss.deployment.unit."src-knob.yml".STRUCTURE: JBAS018733: Failed to process phase STRUCTURE of deployment "src-knob.yml"
        at org.jboss.as.server.deployment.DeploymentUnitPhaseService.start(DeploymentUnitPhaseService.java:127) [jboss-as-server-7.2.x.slim.incremental.16.jar:7.2.x.slim.incremental.16]
        at org.jboss.msc.service.ServiceControllerImpl$StartTask.startService(ServiceControllerImpl.java:1811) [jboss-msc-1.0.4.GA.jar:1.0.4.GA]
        at org.jboss.msc.service.ServiceControllerImpl$StartTask.run(ServiceControllerImpl.java:1746) [jboss-msc-1.0.4.GA.jar:1.0.4.GA]
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142) [rt.jar:1.8.0_91]
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617) [rt.jar:1.8.0_91]
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) [rt.jar:1.8.0_91]
Caused by: org.jboss.as.server.deployment.DeploymentUnitProcessingException: org.jboss.as.server.deployment.DeploymentUnitProcessingException: Application root does not exist: vfs:/root/gpxe/src
        at org.torquebox.core.app.processors.AppKnobYamlParsingProcessor.deploy(AppKnobYamlParsingProcessor.java:100)
        at org.jboss.as.server.deployment.DeploymentUnitPhaseService.start(DeploymentUnitPhaseService.java:120) [jboss-as-server-7.2.x.slim.incremental.16.jar:7.2.x.slim.incremental.16]
        ... 5 more
Caused by: org.jboss.as.server.deployment.DeploymentUnitProcessingException: Application root does not exist: vfs:/root/gpxe/src
        at org.torquebox.core.app.processors.AppKnobYamlParsingProcessor.deploy(AppKnobYamlParsingProcessor.java:76)
        ... 6 more

Can any one please help me here?

My Machine is in CentOS 6.7

This what I have installed ..

Installing:
 razor-server --> 1.2.0-1.el6
Installing for dependencies:
 razor-torquebox  --> 3.1.1.10-1.el6

Thanks,
-Vishal Sarin

Scott McClellan

May 11, 2016, 2:33:00 PM5/11/16
to puppet...@googlegroups.com
Hi Vishal,

Can you try running `torquebox list` to see what is deployed there? I'm not sure what src-knob.yml is; the razor-server should be something like razor-server-knob.yml, typically at a path like:

/opt/puppetlabs/server/apps/razor-server/share/torquebox/jboss/standalone/deployments/razor-server-knob.yml

I am guessing that something else is deployed to torquebox (gpxe?) which is causing issues. If that's the case, the `torquebox undeploy` command should help with that. Let me know the result of that command though and hopefully we can debug further.

Scott

Vishal Sarin

May 12, 2016, 12:28:17 AM5/12/16
to puppet-razor
Hi Scott,

This is what I see in torquebox list.

[root@sdin-swtc07 ~]# torquebox list
src
  Descriptor: /opt/razor-torquebox/jboss/standalone/deployments/src-knob.yml
[root@sdin-swtc07 ~]#

Please note that I am deploying razor open source.

These are the commands which I have used.

 torquebox undeploy
 torquebox deploy --env production
 torquebox run --bind-address=0.0.0.0

09:55:52,991 ERROR [org.jboss.msc.service.fail] (MSC service thread 1-16) MSC00001: Failed to start service jboss.deployment.unit."src-knob.yml".STRUCTURE: org.jboss.msc.service.StartException in service jboss.deployment.unit."src-knob.yml".STRUCTURE: JBAS018733: Failed to process phase STRUCTURE of deployment "src-knob.yml"
[...]

I am still seeing the same issue.

Let me know if there is a solution for this.

Thanks
-Vishal Sarin

Scott McClellan

May 31, 2016, 11:51:55 PM5/31/16
to puppet...@googlegroups.com
Hi Vishal,

You have two extra knob files in torquebox:

- /opt/razor-torquebox/jboss/standalone/deployments/src-knob.yml
/opt/razor-torquebox/jboss/standalone/deployments/root-knob.yml

Take a look at the contents of those two files. You should see two lines like this:

    application:
      root: /root/gpxe/src

For each of those two files, you need to run this:

    torquebox undeploy /root/gpxe/src

Once you have done that, check `torquebox list` to verify that only razor-server-knob.yml is present, then try running torquebox again.

Hope that solves the issue.

Scott