Collecting extra facts from microkernel?

Howard Jones

May 15, 2018, 6:29:28 AM5/15/18
to puppet-razor
Is it possible to pass an additional script to the microkernel somehow to collect more facts? I can see some stuff in the razor-el-mk repo bin/ about downloading updates and custom facts, but it's not clear how it's triggered.

I'd like to collect the WWNs from fiberchannel HBAs, if possible.

I guess also - does the microkernel build have enough drivers to see the HBAs? (relatively boring QLogic ones - no special drivers needed with a normal EL7 install CD)

Thanks,

Howard

Scott McClellan

May 18, 2018, 4:31:01 PM5/18/18
to puppet...@googlegroups.com
Hi Howard,

Here is a help document which should get you started:

The way this works is that the microkernel will reach out to the Razor server to see if this ZIP file is set/exists. If it does, it'll download it, extract it, and reference it when it's collecting its facts.

I'm not sure whether it has enough drivers to see that information, might be worth testing. We ship a minimal CentOS 7 image for our microkernel.

Hope that helps!

Scott