[razor] booting with iso mini kernel

Muthu N.C

Sep 14, 2015, 9:31:35 AM9/14/15
to puppet...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I have a working setup with razor client boots PXE and loads the facts automatically. After this I was able to apply policy and do the automated install.

Because of the current env, I should not be using PXE and planning to use mini kernel iso to boot the client and do the auto register of the node's fact. Would you guide me on how to achieve this?

I have downloaded the mini kernel iso and tried booting, it booted up, but node did get register to the razor server. I tried login with the "thincrust" password, I could not login for root user.

Thanks,
Chollamuthu N.

Muthu N.C

Sep 24, 2015, 9:50:35 AM9/24/15
to puppet-razor
It got it resolved by following the below wiki. Thanks,

https://github.com/puppetlabs/razor-server/wiki/Installation#pxe-setup

One issue, I am seeing the node dhcp_mac with the network interface name. This was not the case before with the PXE boot.

| node37 | net0$00:50:56:9a:26:c6 | rhel65_tag           | rh65   | 1              |

Thanks,
Muthu.