LLDP Extensions

Iain Geddes

Apr 17, 2015, 11:22:10 AM4/17/15
to puppet...@googlegroups.com
All,

Apologies for the dumb question but is anyone currently using Razor with the LLDP microkernel extension zip? I'm just getting started in the wonderful world of automation and we have been playing with Razor. Unfortunately I don't seem to be getting any LLDP "facts" returned from the bare metal hosts that we're spinning up. From the Razor server itself I can confirm that LLDP is presenting from the switch so obviously I'm missing something.

microkernel is "latest" :

and config.yaml is essentially default reading:

all:
   auth:
      enabled: false
      config: shiro.ini
   microkernel:
      debug_level: debug
      kernel_args:
      extension-zip: /etc/razor/mk-extension.zip

with the zip file coming from:

git clone https://github.com/jonasrosland/razor-mk-extension-lldp.git
cp /tmp/razor-mk-extension-lldp/mk-extension.zip /etc/razor/

I'm guessing that there must be an easy way to figure this out as I don't see anyone else experiencing difficulty but ...

Thanks

David Lutterkort

Apr 20, 2015, 3:09:13 PM4/20/15
to puppet...@googlegroups.com
Hi Iain,

On Fri, Apr 17, 2015 at 5:57 AM, Iain Geddes <iaing...@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

The easiest way to investigate this is to log into your microkernel through a console (user: root/password: thincrust) and run facter to see if there are any errors.

You should also check that the extension gets downloaded properly; there should be a directory /tmp/mk-update-* with the unpacked contents of your zip file.

Finally, check 'systemctl status mk' to see if there is anything untoward there (or /var/log/messages resp. the journal)

David

Iain Geddes

Apr 20, 2015, 4:32:38 PM4/20/15
to puppet...@googlegroups.com
Thanks David.

For reasons that I really don't understand I noticed it was working this morning ... having given failed earlier. I guess I must have just missed something stupid, fixed it in passing without thinking and a reboot brought everything into play! The information is really helpful though as I push forwards.

Kind regards

Iain