Anyone else using razor to provision servers using boot SAN volumes?

Alex Scoble

Jun 12, 2015, 2:27:46 PM6/12/15
to puppet...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

We've been using razor server for a while with SAN boot volumes just fine, but we're using Oracle's FS1 storage for some Oracle database servers and the Oracle storage guys can't seem to reliably present luns in a consistent order.

One solution people are recommending is to inject scsi ids in to the kickstarts using node metadata. This is, in my not so humble opinion, a horrible idea and completely breaks the intent and scalability of razor/kickstart provisioning.

Has anyone else had to deal with this sort of issue? What did you do?

Thanks,

Alex